Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Intel i5 750 or AMD phenom II x4

Last response: in CPUs
April 27, 2010 4:01:34 PM

Hello

ok, i was planning on getting a computer with a i5 750 for $1202

but then i saw i could get the SAME computer with a phenom II x4 black edition for 1100 dollars,

so which one is better?

i am going to use it mostly for gaming.

so tell me which one you think would be better.

thanks SOOO much

yogman

More about : intel 750 amd phenom

Best solution

a c 77 à CPUs
April 27, 2010 4:09:53 PM

For strictly gaming the chips perform nearly the same. Why don't you just check the gaming benchmarks from any reputable review site for the games you will be playing? You'll likely just get answers here from fanbois slanted toward their view of the world. Just check the benchmarks and let them speak for themselves.
Related resources
April 27, 2010 4:47:18 PM

shortstuff_mt said:
For strictly gaming the chips perform nearly the same. Why don't you just check the gaming benchmarks from any reputable review site for the games you will be playing? You'll likely just get answers here from fanbois slanted toward their view of the world. Just check the benchmarks and let them speak for themselves.

ok well two things, one; is there a benchmarking site you suggest?

two; in YOUR opinion which one should i get?
m
l
April 27, 2010 4:47:29 PM

Best answer selected by yogman.
m
l
a c 77 à CPUs
April 27, 2010 5:06:54 PM

This site has the benchmarks you're looking for. Anandtech also has excellent reviews. The Anandtech reviews show a deeper understanding of computer technology. I prefer their reviews and bench tool. You can use their bench tool to directly compare any two chips.

You haven't given us quite enough information. WHICH Phenom II X4 chip are you talking about? I'm going to assume the 955 for this comparison.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/109?vs=88

The i5 750 is certainly the faster chip, but it's up to YOU to decide if it's worth the extra $100. If I, personally, had to choose between those two chips I would pick the i5 750. The problem is that I don't really game on my systems. I do more video editing than gaming so the i5 is the easy choice between those two chips for me.
m
l
April 27, 2010 5:18:09 PM

shortstuff_mt said:
This site has the benchmarks you're looking for. Anandtech also has excellent reviews. The Anandtech reviews show a deeper understanding of computer technology. I prefer their reviews and bench tool. You can use their bench tool to directly compare any two chips.

You haven't given us quite enough information. WHICH Phenom II X4 chip are you talking about? I'm going to assume the 955 for this comparison.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/109?vs=88

The i5 750 is certainly the faster chip, but it's up to YOU to decide if it's worth the extra $100. If I, personally, had to choose between those two chips I would pick the i5 750. The problem is that I don't really game on my systems. I do more video editing than gaming so the i5 is the easy choice between those two chips for me.

Ok! thank you sooo much, your like the best person on the forum.

but one more thing, is there a site similar to the site you gave me, but for graphics cards?
m
l
April 27, 2010 5:18:44 PM

oh wait the same site does GPUS so never mind...
m
l
April 27, 2010 5:20:03 PM

or does the site have it?
m
l
!