Solved

OC Mobo for a Wolfdale E6500

Hey, I asked this question in the overclocking forums but I am not sure if this would be a better place for the question so I will post it here also. I want to OC my cpu some but at the moment I have a Dell mobo and am unable to through the bios, and from what I understand, that is the best way to do so. My question is can someone recommend to me a good starter mobo that is a socket 775 LGA that would be good for OCing my wolfdale e6500? I hear my particular cpu is great for overclocking and would like to squeeze a bit more performance out of it. My budget is up to 100$ I would say.
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about mobo wolfdale e6500
  1. Best answer
    Here is an ATX board http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128380 presuming that you have DDR2 ram
  2. rolli59 said:
    Here is an ATX board http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128380 presuming that you have DDR2 ram

Ya, I do have ddr2 memory, not quite cool enough for ddr3 yet. That board looks promising, I will look into it with some more detail, thanks.
  3. I did have one more follow up question. According to CPUID, my current Mobo uses a p35 chipset, but I notice that the mobo Rolli linked says p43. Does that mean that my cpu and that mobo are not compatible? Or does it just have to have a matching socket?
  4. P43 is just newer and will be compatible with you CPU. Since it is a Dell what size case is it? many of them are mini towers that need Micro ATX boards.
  5. rolli59 said:
    P43 is just newer and will be compatible with you CPU. Since it is a Dell what size case is it? many of them are mini towers that need Micro ATX boards.

The case it came in was a slim case, but since then I have changed cases due to my upgrading from the on board card to a gtx 260, so the dell mobo is kind of swimming in my new case, lots of unused room.
  6. That's great then ATX board will fit.
  7. rolli59 said:
    That's great then ATX board will fit.

Thanks a lot for your help.
  8. Best answer selected by fcdwn777.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Overclocking CPUs