A good XP networking book please?

Archived from groups: comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

Can anyone recommend a good book to be bought that will cover networking
(probably wireless), internet sharing and user accounts? I have never
networked before but do not consider myself a beginner on the PC. I have
checked websites (practicallynetworked.com for example) and they are
good but I always like to have something in my hand, so to speak.

I always have problems running older software (ie kids games mostly)
from limited user accounts.

Thanks in advance,
R.

On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 18:08:51 +1100, Mike Echo wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a good book to be bought that will cover networking
> (probably wireless), internet sharing and user accounts? I have never
> networked before but do not consider myself a beginner on the PC. I have
> checked websites (practicallynetworked.com for example) and they are
> good but I always like to have something in my hand, so to speak.
>
> I always have problems running older software (ie kids games mostly)
> from limited user accounts.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> R.

Don't have a book to recommend but wanted to mention the articles at the
Windows Expert Zone. I used Barb Bowman's articles (along with the
practicallynetworked site) for my at home wireless network and found them
to be very helpful.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/default.mspx

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Archived from groups: comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

How about:
http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/5885.asp
and/or
http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/5417.asp
www.coribright.com

"Mike Echo" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> Can anyone recommend a good book to be bought that will cover networking
> (probably wireless), internet sharing and user accounts? I have never
> networked before but do not consider myself a beginner on the PC. I have
> checked websites (practicallynetworked.com for example) and they are
> good but I always like to have something in my hand, so to speak.
>
> I always have problems running older software (ie kids games mostly)
> from limited user accounts.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> R.

Archived from groups: comp.os.ms-windows.networking.misc,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

In article <OIflAwwwEHA.2600@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>,
sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org says...

[networking book]

> Don't have a book to recommend but wanted to mention the articles at the
> Windows Expert Zone. I used Barb Bowman's articles (along with the
> practicallynetworked site) for my at home wireless network and found them
> to be very helpful.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/default.mspx

I'll check it out now, Sharon.

Thanks, R.