Your question

Asrock 890FX Deluxe3 "1394 GUID are invalid in both CMOS and Flash"

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • ASrock
Last response: in Motherboards
October 3, 2010 4:12:48 AM

Hello everyone,

I have a new Asrock 890FX Deluxe3 that I just set up. Remainder of specs are as follows:

- AMD Phenom 2 X4 956
- 6 GB memory
- ATI Radeon "Cypress"
- WD Velociraptor

No other PCI cards.

Upon first boot, I was greeted by the message "1394 GUID are invalid in both CMOS and Flash! Press F1 to Resume" I've found some documentation of this online; most of the responses suggest flashing the BIOS in some form or fashion, or disabling the onboard 1394 (and possibly onboard Ethernet as well). However, I'm seen an additional symptom: pressing F1 does not seem to do anything. I've tried several different keyboards, including one fresh from the store.

Does anyone have any experience with what I could do to get things back on track? Or am I destined for a visit from the RMA fairy?

Thanks.

More about : asrock 890fx deluxe3 1394 guid invalid cmos flash

a c 1184 V Motherboard
October 3, 2010 2:03:02 PM

USB keyboards? If so try ps2, sometimes things will not work properly until all drivers are installed.
m
l
October 18, 2010 8:50:12 PM

I have a similar problem. My mobo is ASRock X58 Extreme. The error message is the same but when I hit F1 it proceeds to boot up normally. I posted questions twice on ASRock's customer support but they never even acknowledged receiving my questions let alone reply. I've been going on like this for over an year. I flashed my BIOS many times (with every new BIOS release). The message never went away. I googled for answers many times but still haven't found anything substantial.

Cheers.
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
October 19, 2010 3:44:43 PM

^+1 to rolli. Try a PS/2 keyboard.
m
l
October 19, 2010 8:30:07 PM

Gekko Shadow said:
^+1 to rolli. Try a PS/2 keyboard.

It's an issue with the motherboard not with the keyboard.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
October 19, 2010 8:33:49 PM

Are you still having the same issue?
m
l
a c 1184 V Motherboard
October 19, 2010 8:50:59 PM

fantassin said:
It's an issue with the motherboard not with the keyboard.

The OP has an issue with keyboard! Your F1 works his does not. The error message relates to the onboard NIC and the MAC address. If you google it the fixes are disable and replace the onboard with pci NIC card to some downloads that I do not have a clue how works http://fullrshare.com/download/1394+GUID+invalid+in+boo...
m
l
!