Sign in with
Your question

1055t unable to overclock

Last response: in Overclocking
December 1, 2012 2:43:42 PM

Hello guys

So, For whatever reason when i try to overclock my 1055t, even just by 100mhz, My PC refuses to load windows. It gets to the stage where the energy star screen appears and a window pops out and says that my PC had a problem booting due to overclocking. What i did in BIOS was to Disable AMD cool n quit, Disable C1E support and then raised my FSB a tiny little bit, Checking that all my other frequencies were kept stock as possible. I then saved my settings, Booted up my PC and the above happened. I tryed this agian with Less increase in the clock speed and the same, It redused to boot up.
My specs Are
CPU: AMD 1055t X6 Phenom
GPU: Nvidia GTX 550Ti
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw 8gb
MOBO: Gygabyte GM-8800GM-USB3
FAN: I forgot brand but had something to do with Ice in its brand name BTW, Big as ***
So, i would totally thank you if you helped me out in this one

-Santiago

More about : 1055t unable overclock

a b à CPUs
December 1, 2012 3:15:48 PM

Have you tried upping the core voltage? You're safe up to 1.55v. On my previous MB I had to bump up the voltage to overclock my x6 otherwise I had the same problem.

I don't know if this is the best way to do it or not, but its what I did. Bumped to 1.4 and that took me too 3.6GHZ no problem then to 1.45 to 4.0GHZ. That's as far as I pushed it and settled on 3.6 for 24/7.
m
l
December 1, 2012 4:15:20 PM

Thanks for the reply, How do i up core voltage? NVM i did it already, So atleast i was able to overclock to 3.0Ghz but anything higher than that bootlooped or simply the Energy star window appeared. I upped the voltage to 1.500v
Anyway i can overclock higher without crashing?
-Santiago
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
December 1, 2012 9:10:23 PM

Check the bios manual for your motherboard. It ought to identify what value you should change and where its at.
m
l
December 2, 2012 4:05:14 PM

It didnt say a thing about my values lol. At this point i pretty must lost hope to overclock it
m
l
!