Sign in with
Your question

EVGA X58 SLI (132-bl-e758-a1) with 2X GTX275 all games pause and frams drop prob

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 10, 2010 4:44:24 PM

ok im working on this system for a while now. we found that one of the 275 where bad, so we shipped it out for RMA. now we have with the good card (tested with occt and vantage) crysis being the worst of all games but its seams like the game comes to a halt frames drop to 1 and it just lags for a few seconds to the point where the game freezes (sort of like when you reach a save point but its not at one lol.

system specs are:
Intel Core i7 950 Quad-Core 3.06GHz Retail
Cooler Master V8 CPU Cooler (RR-UV8-XBU1-GP)
OCZ (OCZ3G1600LV6GK) DDR3 PC3-12800 Gold 6GB
EVGA X58 SLI (132-bl-e758-a1)
Western Digital VelociRaptor (WD1500HLFS)
LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray DVD Combo Drive
Cooler Master HAF 932 Full Tower ATX Case
EVGA GeForce GTX 275 Superclocked X2 in sli
Thermaltake Toughpower VGA Power Express 650W (running both video cards)
Microsoft Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit (OEM)
Mushkin (550150) XP-650AP 650W ATX Enhanced

(we have all windows 7 updates, tried drives from oct 2009 to recent.
February 10, 2010 4:51:26 PM

Sounds kind of like your card ran out of memory, try lowering the textures and AA to see if you still have this problem.
m
l
February 10, 2010 5:02:12 PM

awww cool thanks il give that a try, EVGA explained the 12V on the Thermeltake video card psu might get to low as well.
im getting the system back to day so il give that test thanks!
m
l
February 10, 2010 5:24:11 PM

I'm not sure if it matters with thermaltake PSU rails, but make sure both cards are not plugged into the same string of plugs. If there are power connectors for each card in seperate bundles, hook up each card to a different bundle.

Again, I am not familiar enough with your PSU to know if this could be an issue, but I have heard of it happening with other multi-gpu rigs.
m
l
February 10, 2010 5:42:13 PM

its got 2X6pins and 2X8pin setup so ya both cards are running on there own power cable.
keep the brain storming coming guys, each peace helps. could be something i overlooked.

Regards
Moe
m
l
February 10, 2010 5:49:40 PM

Since each card is using 2x6pin, make sure you don't have both 6 pins on one, and both 6+2 pins on the other. I doubt it will make a difference, but is the last PSU configuration option needed to test to eliminate power delivery as the culprit.
m
l
February 10, 2010 5:53:40 PM

ya there 6 and 8 (red and black each using different rails if im not mistaking)
m
l
February 10, 2010 5:55:48 PM

I guess the next test would be for your to run the computer with just 1 of the cards and see how it is performing. Then switch that card to another slot, also to test performance. If there is a blown PCI-E slot, this will help you find it.
m
l
February 10, 2010 6:01:31 PM

true i never did try a different slot that could be it as well.... each card by them self seam to have this prob.
m
l
February 11, 2010 7:17:21 PM

I will have the computer back for testing Friday after noon il keep you guys posted.
m
l
February 17, 2010 10:03:33 PM

ok time for an update sry it took so long, seams like a driver prob im testing out each driver with different results with each drivers, some work GREAT! but BSOD on coold boot the next morning... i have used the mushkin psu to test the cards with same results used a different thermaltake VGA express psu with same results
i have also tried the other 2 psi-e slots with same results. i think this is on all drivers... the brob i have now is to find a good driver thats stable not only in games but while booting and that will play good in most other game other then crysis
m
l
February 25, 2010 3:10:40 PM

Ok a new update! i was looking at the event viewer. and like clock work each core shuts down one after an other in random order all with in the time the games glitch!
so i called EVGA and they looked at some bios settings all seamed good to them, they explained to try a different cpu so i did, this new cpu shuts the cores down on windows start up. so i tried different ram same prob any suggestions?
m
l
February 25, 2010 7:28:27 PM

You could try disabling any power saving features in the bios, and in windows.
m
l
February 26, 2010 4:16:27 PM

i fixed this prob after doing some searching. i set CxE to auto and execute bit disable to auto and it seamed to have solved that event. but the problem still remains. i only have a few drivers left to test now il let you guys know how i make out.
m
l
March 2, 2010 2:30:01 PM

ok so i found a working driver ver:191.07 its working great in sli and single card configuration. but it BSOD on start up when ever it feels like it... i guss its a solution not one i like but at least we can play games with it. i wounder if there any one out there who has hacked nvidia drivers like they have done with ati driver..
m
l
!