Sign in with
Your question

Need some help with a system upgrade

Last response: in Systems
February 19, 2010 11:53:15 PM

Alright I'm going to be upgrading my computer soon, so I was wondering if you guys could give me a bit of help. I do have some experience with computers but I've never done such a large upgrade and I just want to be sure everything will run ship shape before I go waste $250.

It's going to be a near complete overhaul of all internal components (CPU, GPU, RAM, Mobo). The only things I will not be upgrading are my PSU, network adapter, HDD and case. It looks like everything should run smoothly to me, the only thing I'm unsure of is the PSU and I'm not sure how to properly add up all the wattages and such. And I am still a bit of a noob at this so if you see any errors I've made, or just have any general advice, I would really appreciate it. :p 

So here's what I'm thinking...
GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H uATX Mobo
ZOTAC ZT-20201-10L GeForce GT 220 GPU
AMD Athlon II X2 250 Regor 3.0GHz Dual Core Processor
2 gigs G.SKILL 240-Pin DDR2 800 RAM
And a new mouse pad :sol: 

I think I covered everything...

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Haha oops just remembered I forgot to mention my current PSU. :whistle:  It's an emachines 300W EM-2850 that came with my computer.

More about : system upgrade

a b B Homebuilt system
February 20, 2010 12:40:57 AM

Check / Review your build since most of the links are coming saying parts are no longer available.

Overall, it looks like a decent upgrade from the EMachine but hard to know since 1) the links don't pull up the right part & 2) we don't know what you old system was.
m
l
February 20, 2010 1:01:46 AM

tecmo34 said:
Check / Review your build since most of the links are coming saying parts are no longer available.

Overall, it looks like a decent upgrade from the EMachine but hard to know since 1) the links don't pull up the right part & 2) we don't know what you old system was.

Sorry about that, I should have checked the links before posting. Everything should be working now.

Old machine was an eMachines T6534 upgraded with 2 gigs of Corsair CMX1024-3200PRO and an ATI Radeon x1600. Although I would mostly just like to know if everything will be compatible.

Thanks for the quick reply. :D 
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
February 20, 2010 4:27:00 AM

Yes.... Every thing is compatible with your upgrade. :) 
m
l
!