HDMI isn't recognized by W7(?)

nahald

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
Hi!
I recently installed W7 on my Asus M51Ta laptop and for the life of me I cannot get the HDMI connection with my Samsung TV to work (I've tried another TV as well so it's not the TV). When I connect the cable nothing happens. Absolutely nothing. I've tried installing the drivers several times (for ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics as well as ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650), I've been in the BIOS to check if I could enable the HDMI port (which I couldn't) and numerous other things. There is still no difference. When I plug in the HDMI cable my computer simply doesn't recognize the fact that another display is available. The problem for me is that Asus hasn't released drivers for M51Ta for W7, so I'm using the ones for M51Tr, but I don't know if that has anything to do with this... Also, the ATI 3650 driver doesn't work (not even when I tried using a modder to install), I only get the message that "This device cannot start (Code 10)". Not sure if that's relevant either though... I'm at my wit's end, I've been googling this for months and nothing. Please, help!

jotaj

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2011
yea been having the same problem with my compaq presario CQ60 notebook and my LG screen.. i google google google and cant find any help!