Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Is my current setup sufficient for maintaining temp?

Last response: in Overclocking
December 1, 2012 9:22:50 PM

http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/espec.aspx?eid=179318

"Liquid CPU Cooling System [AMD] - ARC Dual Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade (Push-Pull Airflow)"
Will my iBUYPOWER PC with AMD Radeon HD 7970 - 3GB - Single Card and AMD FX-8350 CPU (8x 4.00GHz/8MB L2 Cache) be cooled sufficientyl with this option or should I take additional precautions?

On a side note: I have a rather lack of knowledge in liquid cooling, what sort of maintenance is included with it?

Thanks in advance ! :bounce: 
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 1, 2012 9:40:04 PM

Of course it will why wouldnt it. If you arn't even overclocking, the stock fans might even work.
m
l
December 1, 2012 9:49:42 PM

I'm not entirely sure, I was reading up on liquid cooling and saw several posts about insufficiency during demanding gaming sessions etc.. though tells you how much I know! Appreciate the response! Any info on upkeep of liquid cooling though? ^^
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 1, 2012 10:01:13 PM

Oh well that happens for any cooling solution though. If you have an air cooler, it might not keep up with the cpu temps. However if you don't overclock too much it should be no problem.

Edit:
[This is only for open loop systems. Yours is closed loop, so no maintenance. However it is a good idea to keep an eye out for leaks and such]

And I think the only thing you have to do is top off the liquid if it runs low. So just check every few weeks or something. Sometimes you have to drain and replace the fluids, dont know what time interval the manual should tell you. You could always ask the people building the computer for you about maintenance too.
December 1, 2012 10:16:12 PM

Thank you ! :love: 
m
l
December 1, 2012 10:16:19 PM

Best answer selected by 1cost.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 1, 2012 10:23:08 PM

Just to clarify, you have no maintenance for a closed loop cooler besides blowing out dust from the radiator.
m
l
!