Windows xp dose not install after windows 7

pkardam

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
Hi ...i was using windows 7 in my pc .since it was not working well i planned to change OS to windows xp sp-3 i inserted windows xp bootable cd and started install xp and very first process to all file copy done without error after all file copied it restart once then the problenm occur as my pc restarted it says disk read error ( no harddisk was showing at all )i tried many times and checked my hard disc to another pc too it was was working well but when i go to install xp it dose not detected after restart .and i checked it again with windows 7 installation it was done without error and working fine now can any one please tell why there was disk read error after restart when i go to install windows xp . what shud i do to avoid this error .
thanx in advance .
my pc configuration:- DUAL CORE 3.0,RAM- 1gb, 250 gb hard disk .

pkardam

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009

Hi saga i checked all BIOS setting but i coulld not find AHCI setting niether i could not find any ahci type setting which i could change to IDE is ther any other setting shoud i change plz help .

I can only suggest installing it again in case the boot manager landed on a bad sector of the disk. When it worked in another system, did you run Checkdisk? Try putting in the other computer, bring up a Command Prompt and type
chkdsk X: /r
including the spaces, where X is the drive letter allocated to that disk. That will find and fix any bad sectors or clusters of sectors in a five stage process.

pkardam

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009

ok simon ill try this too. thanx