Your question

Asus P7P55D-E does not work with 4X2GB 1600mhz

Last response: in Memory
Anonymous
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
October 3, 2010 8:37:04 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have recently bought a PC with the motherboard Asus P7P55D-E and 2 DIMM Kingston DDR3 2GB 1600MHZ, working perfectly with the default BIOS configuration.

I decided to buy 2 additional DIMM's of the same model (KHX1600C9D3B1K2/4GX) in order to upgrade my PC to 8GB total, however when I try to use 4 DIMM in the motherboard, the system freezes at windows start up.

I have also upgraded my BIOS to the latest version.

What kind of configuration shall I have to do in BIOS to make 4 DIMM memories works together into this motherboard?

Thanks in advance.

Gabriel Santana
October 3, 2010 8:53:58 PM

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

I have recently bought a PC with the motherboard Asus P7P55D-E and 2 DIMM Kingston DDR3 2GB 1600MHZ, working perfectly with the default BIOS configuration.

I decided to buy 2 additional DIMM's of the same model (KHX1600C9D3B1K2/4GX) in order to upgrade my PC to 8GB total, however when I try to use 4 DIMM in the motherboard, the system freezes at windows start up.

I have also upgraded my BIOS to the latest version.

What kind of configuration shall I have to do in BIOS to make 4 DIMM memories works together into this motherboard?

Thanks in advance.

Gabriel Santana

The motherboard manual states "According to Intel spec definition, DDR3-1600 is supported for one DIMM per channel
only" I asked several days ago on the forums if there was a way to get 8 gigs working and did not get a response. Fortunately I did not buy the extra ram yet. I guess you should download the motherboard manual before you get the motherboard to see if there are any possible issues that could be run into. I found out about this issue by reading the user comments on newegg though.

There is a way to get around this as several posters here said they knew how to. Hopefully one will have the time to read the post as im curious too.
m
l
Anonymous
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
October 4, 2010 12:00:58 PM

Hi Drayeon,

Thanks for your reply.

I reviewed the motherboard manual and I found the statement you mentioned. Bad news.

Please let me know if you find a way to use more then one DIMM per channel.

Someone here in the forum how to do it?

Thanks a lot!
m
l
Anonymous
a b } Memory
a b V Motherboard
October 5, 2010 1:30:38 PM

Hi Everyone,

I just reviewed the motherboard manual and I found the following statement: "According to Intel spec definition, DDR3-1600 is supported for one DIMM per channel only. ASUS exclusively provides two DDR3-1600 DIMM support for each memory channel."

I tried to fix this problem updating the BIOS to 1102, removiong and re-seating all the DIMMs (taking care to make sure they were firmly pushed in), clearing the CMOS using the motherboard jumper & then hitting the MemOK! button.

I have Windows Seven x64 installed. Basically when I start up the computer, the system freezes at "Starting Windows" screen.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance
m
l
!