Asus P7P55D-E does not work with 4X2GB 1600mhz

Hi Everyone,

I have recently bought a PC with the motherboard Asus P7P55D-E and 2 DIMM Kingston DDR3 2GB 1600MHZ, working perfectly with the default BIOS configuration.

I decided to buy 2 additional DIMM's of the same model (KHX1600C9D3B1K2/4GX) in order to upgrade my PC to 8GB total, however when I try to use 4 DIMM in the motherboard, the system freezes at windows start up.

I have also upgraded my BIOS to the latest version.

What kind of configuration shall I have to do in BIOS to make 4 DIMM memories works together into this motherboard?

Thanks in advance.

Gabriel Santana
3 answers Last reply
More about asus p7p55d work 4x2gb 1600mhz
  1. Quote:
    Hi Everyone,

I have recently bought a PC with the motherboard Asus P7P55D-E and 2 DIMM Kingston DDR3 2GB 1600MHZ, working perfectly with the default BIOS configuration.

I decided to buy 2 additional DIMM's of the same model (KHX1600C9D3B1K2/4GX) in order to upgrade my PC to 8GB total, however when I try to use 4 DIMM in the motherboard, the system freezes at windows start up.

I have also upgraded my BIOS to the latest version.

What kind of configuration shall I have to do in BIOS to make 4 DIMM memories works together into this motherboard?

Thanks in advance.

Gabriel Santana

The motherboard manual states "According to Intel spec definition, DDR3-1600 is supported for one DIMM per channel
    only" I asked several days ago on the forums if there was a way to get 8 gigs working and did not get a response. Fortunately I did not buy the extra ram yet. I guess you should download the motherboard manual before you get the motherboard to see if there are any possible issues that could be run into. I found out about this issue by reading the user comments on newegg though.

There is a way to get around this as several posters here said they knew how to. Hopefully one will have the time to read the post as im curious too.
  2. Hi Drayeon,

Thanks for your reply.

I reviewed the motherboard manual and I found the statement you mentioned. Bad news.

Please let me know if you find a way to use more then one DIMM per channel.

Someone here in the forum how to do it?

Thanks a lot!
  3. Hi Everyone,

I just reviewed the motherboard manual and I found the following statement: "According to Intel spec definition, DDR3-1600 is supported for one DIMM per channel only. ASUS exclusively provides two DDR3-1600 DIMM support for each memory channel."

I tried to fix this problem updating the BIOS to 1102, removiong and re-seating all the DIMMs (taking care to make sure they were firmly pushed in), clearing the CMOS using the motherboard jumper & then hitting the MemOK! button.

I have Windows Seven x64 installed. Basically when I start up the computer, the system freezes at "Starting Windows" screen.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Asus BIOS Motherboards DIMM