Sign in with
Your question
Closed

How do I mount a SSD in an Antec 902 case?

Last response: in Components
April 28, 2010 12:15:19 AM

Hello guys, I need a hand here!

I'm currently (literally, as we speak) building my second ever computer, but I've run into a snag. I have an SSD here that I can't properly mount in my Antec 902 case. I've checked around and it's stated on numerous sites that the Antec has the mount/converter to be able to properly mount an SSD drive in the case, but I can't for the life of me figure it out. I have the parts lying around in front of me (including the 2.5 HDD rubber thingies and screws) laid out, but I really can't see a way to properly secure the SSD in the case.

The only thing that I can think of is that my SSD is a different size than others (although this is unlikely). It's a Kingston SSDNow V-Series if that helps. It has screw holes on the bottom and the sides--but again, I can't figure it out.

I would be incredibly appreciative if someone here has experience with this and can give me a hand or direct me to a link that will explain how to do this. Thank you so much!

Best solution

a b ) Power supply
April 28, 2010 6:51:12 PM

Raraku said:
Hello guys, I need a hand here!

I'm currently (literally, as we speak) building my second ever computer, but I've run into a snag. I have an SSD here that I can't properly mount in my Antec 902 case. I've checked around and it's stated on numerous sites that the Antec has the mount/converter to be able to properly mount an SSD drive in the case, but I can't for the life of me figure it out. I have the parts lying around in front of me (including the 2.5 HDD rubber thingies and screws) laid out, but I really can't see a way to properly secure the SSD in the case.

The only thing that I can think of is that my SSD is a different size than others (although this is unlikely). It's a Kingston SSDNow V-Series if that helps. It has screw holes on the bottom and the sides--but again, I can't figure it out.

I would be incredibly appreciative if someone here has experience with this and can give me a hand or direct me to a link that will explain how to do this. Thank you so much!

Hi Raraku,

The SSD mount should be located at the bottom of the case. There are 4 plastic grommet or the rubber things. You should be able to put the SSD on from there.

Regards,
Antec
a b ) Power supply
April 29, 2010 10:44:16 AM

It's 2.5" Drive. You'll need a mounting bracket which is like this
http://salestores.com/byteccbracke.html

Or then you'll have to mount it in the place of the Floppy Drive bay.... if it's free......
I think they must have given you two C shaped Steel Brackets with the SSD....... most probably they did, so you can use them to mount the SSD onto it and then mount the whole thing into either the CDrom bay or the HDD bay.... in the Cabinet
Related resources
April 29, 2010 7:47:58 PM

Thank you for the replies. Once the antec rep explained to me where the mount was, I looked in my case and saw it at the bottom. Unfortunately the night when I was installing things it was dark, and I didn't see the 4 holes at the bottom of the case, nor would I have been likely to guess they were for a 2.5' drive. I expected the mounting to occur somewhere where the other hard drives were--it never occured to me it would be in the middle of the case on the bottom. A small note in the Antec manual about this fact would have gone a long way in this case.

Once no one responded that night, I got a little impatient and just used electrical tape (neatly) to connect the SSD to the 3.5' adaptor. Not great, but it works for me and won't be going anywhere. At least now I know where the actual mount is, lol.
April 29, 2010 7:48:38 PM

Best answer selected by raraku.
September 5, 2011 8:10:45 AM

Thanks, I had exactly the same problem of fixing the SSD. Even when I know now what you are suppose to do, I cann't do it, because it is extremely difficult. The bottom of the case is a very confined space (particularly if you've got the mother board there), obstructed by the panel housing drive bays. It is very fiddly to find the four tiny holes at the corners of the SSD. The rubber grommets add further difficulty. I cann't see why Antec doesn't simply provide a bracket for use in one of the drive bays. It is very poor design. I'm disappointed.
a b ) Power supply
September 5, 2011 3:07:08 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!