Sign in with
Your question

FX8350 OC / Memory settings

Last response: in Overclocking
December 2, 2012 4:48:34 PM

Hi i just finished building my first rig based that is based on AMD (had intel before) and i would like some instructions and some help in overclocking this cpu and also solving my RAM problem.

So basically i want to see how much can i OC the CPU in a stock cooler for now... i'm not looking for something insane but a modest 4.5 GHZ OC from 4. I couldn't find anywhere what are the max temperatures for this cpu or between what numbers should it stay...also as this is my first AMD pc i don't exaclty know how to OC this cpu.

Now one of my big problems are that i bought 16 GB 1333MHz ram but in CPUZ they only run at 669.6 how can i put them to run at 1333MHz. Thank you in advanc, i know there are many things that i asked in this thread but honstly i don't know where to start but i would like to fix my RAM first and then do the Overclocking.....

My PC Specs:
AMD FX 8350
16 GB 1333MHz Corsair
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
ATI Rodeon 7770 1GB GHz Edition
G7 Power Extreme 880w
120 GB SSD Agitlity 3
150 GB Seagate Baracuda 7200 RPM

More about : fx8350 memory settings

December 3, 2012 3:35:25 PM

can anybody help?..
December 4, 2012 1:51:53 AM

for your ram issue that is the speed its supposed to run at the ram is dual channel so divide 1333 by 2 and thats your anwser give or take a couple mhz. As for your cpu problem i believe amd cutoff for temp is around 60c i wouldnt go pass 55c tho to be safe. Also if you only want to go from 4ghz to 4.5 just increase the multiplier in the bios as easy as that. If it doesnt boot increase the voltage 1 tick or so. I have an amd fx 4300 and i could oc it to 4.2 from 3.8 without touching voltage so you should be fine with your goal. Hope that helps.
Related resources
December 4, 2012 12:21:23 PM

wow i didn't expect 60 to be the cutoff as my pc gets over that temperature even with stock settings while running a game that takes no more then 20% of the cpu.
December 4, 2012 3:56:04 PM

adi4ro said:
wow i didn't expect 60 to be the cutoff as my pc gets over that temperature even with stock settings while running a game that takes no more then 20% of the cpu.

thats because your on stock cooler, stock coolers stink i got an antec kuler 620 and i believe it knocked off 20C so i could overclock it. first rule of overclocking is to go out and by a decent aftermarket cooler never try to overclock on stock cooler unless you wanna kill the processor
!