Release date for Phenom 2 960t

mcnuggetofdeath: Thuban is not bulldozer. bulldozer is due in 2011.

zipzoomfly: That's the 6 core. And not everyone has lots of money. Your budget is not the same as everyone else's. If it were, there would be no such thing as the Athlon II.

....what part didn't you get?
I didn't say there was any part I didn't get. I said that not everyone has lots of money like you. I'm assuming the op knows that unlocking is not guaranteed and does not want to spend $210. I know I wouldn't want to spend $210.

I heard a few things here and there about x5s, but nothing beyond fan rumours. What have you heard?

loneninja

Distinguished
There is going to be no "cheap" X4 to unlock to a X6, personally it wouldn't surprise me to see the 960T priced above the Phenom II X4 955, and possibly just as high as the Phenom II 965. Considering there is still a slower sub $200 X6 coming out, I'd just buy an X6 if I wanted 6 cores instead of hoping to get 6 working cores from an X4.

Another thing is that I doubt many 960T will unlock into working 6 core processors. AMD already has a strong native X4 market, they won't need to disable working X6 processors to meet sales demand on X4 products. There is also a higher chance of a core being defective on a native X6 than a native X4. With those 2 things to consider, I don't see AMD handing out a bunch of X6 processors at X4 prices.

mcnuggetofdeath

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2008

I know Thuban isn't bulldozer, but I think it would be fun to play around with until it drops.

G

I acquired a 960t from an employee at amd and I am very satisfied with it the highest I can get it and keep it stable is 3.6 on all cores I dont know if it may be a bios setting where I mess up or if it may be the board but that is the highest I was able to keep it stable the mb is a msi 790fx-gd70 if anyone can help it would be appreciated. :hello:

I acquired a 960t from an employee at amd and I am very satisfied with it the highest I can get it and keep it stable is 3.6 on all cores I dont know if it may be a bios setting where I mess up or if it may be the board but that is the highest I was able to keep it stable the mb is a msi 790fx-gd70 if anyone can help it would be appreciated. :hello:
Try creating a new post to ask for help instead of reviving and old, dead post. More people would assist you.