Sign in with
Your question

Release date for Phenom 2 960t

Last response: in CPUs
April 28, 2010 3:47:15 AM

Wondering if anyone has any info about when this cpu will drop. Looking forward to unlocking a cheap hexa core and pushing it as fast as I can.
a b à CPUs
April 28, 2010 3:52:09 AM

Hope they aren't actually defective then :whistle: 
a c 131 à CPUs
April 28, 2010 6:19:16 AM

All I could find is that apparently they have been pushed back to Q3 this year.
Related resources
April 28, 2010 10:27:25 AM

That sucks dude. Id heard early Q2 but was hoping it would drop before that. I want Bulldozer already.
a c 131 à CPUs
April 28, 2010 3:02:15 PM

mcnuggetofdeath: Thuban is not bulldozer. bulldozer is due in 2011.

zipzoomfly: That's the 6 core. And not everyone has lots of money. Your budget is not the same as everyone else's. If it were, there would be no such thing as the Athlon II.
a c 131 à CPUs
April 28, 2010 3:39:30 PM

Quote:
....what part didn't you get?

I didn't say there was any part I didn't get. I said that not everyone has lots of money like you. I'm assuming the op knows that unlocking is not guaranteed and does not want to spend $210. I know I wouldn't want to spend $210.

I heard a few things here and there about x5s, but nothing beyond fan rumours. What have you heard?
a c 83 à CPUs
April 28, 2010 5:26:40 PM

There is going to be no "cheap" X4 to unlock to a X6, personally it wouldn't surprise me to see the 960T priced above the Phenom II X4 955, and possibly just as high as the Phenom II 965. Considering there is still a slower sub $200 X6 coming out, I'd just buy an X6 if I wanted 6 cores instead of hoping to get 6 working cores from an X4.

Another thing is that I doubt many 960T will unlock into working 6 core processors. AMD already has a strong native X4 market, they won't need to disable working X6 processors to meet sales demand on X4 products. There is also a higher chance of a core being defective on a native X6 than a native X4. With those 2 things to consider, I don't see AMD handing out a bunch of X6 processors at X4 prices.
May 2, 2010 3:13:02 PM

enzo matrix said:
mcnuggetofdeath: Thuban is not bulldozer. bulldozer is due in 2011.

zipzoomfly: That's the 6 core. And not everyone has lots of money. Your budget is not the same as everyone else's. If it were, there would be no such thing as the Athlon II.

I know Thuban isn't bulldozer, but I think it would be fun to play around with until it drops.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
August 16, 2010 7:11:38 PM

I acquired a 960t from an employee at amd and I am very satisfied with it the highest I can get it and keep it stable is 3.6 on all cores I dont know if it may be a bios setting where I mess up or if it may be the board but that is the highest I was able to keep it stable the mb is a msi 790fx-gd70 if anyone can help it would be appreciated. :hello: 
a c 131 à CPUs
August 17, 2010 5:48:58 AM

Quote:
I acquired a 960t from an employee at amd and I am very satisfied with it the highest I can get it and keep it stable is 3.6 on all cores I dont know if it may be a bios setting where I mess up or if it may be the board but that is the highest I was able to keep it stable the mb is a msi 790fx-gd70 if anyone can help it would be appreciated. :hello: 

Try creating a new post to ask for help instead of reviving and old, dead post. More people would assist you.
!