Problems with New Computer

G

Hi, I just built a new computer a couple days ago and having problems with it loading windows

Before it gets to the windows loading screen, it suddenly reboots, and constantly continues to do it. If I unplug it a couple times it'll boot windows, and it loads safe mode just fine.

Processor: i7-930
Mobo: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
PS: Cool Master GX 750W
Ram: 6GB
Graphics Card: Radeon 5850

Thanks!

I'd say that being able to boot in Safe Mode indicates either a driver problem or a memory problem.

Make sure that memory is running at its factory recommended voltage. Download and run memtest86+.

Wipe the HD and reinstall Windows.

What mobo release revision 1 or 2 ?
Revision 1 would have stability issues with the 930 the bios doesn't support the cpu until bios F4.

Also if you've installed more then one hdd you'll have all sorts of issues.
The amount of hdd and ssd issues with that board is another story.

G

Its revision 2

I only have 1 hdd at the moment

Western Digital VelociRaptor WD1500BLFS 150GB 10000 RPM 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Hard Drive

G

Just scanned the ram, no errors also

And apparently after booting a couple times it starts windows.

When it gets to Recovering DMI pool, before windows it reboots.

So I should just reformat?

suteck

Distinguished
Just scanned the ram, no errors also

And apparently after booting a couple times it starts windows.

When it gets to Recovering DMI pool, before windows it reboots.

So I should just reformat?

It sounds more like a bios glitch since it's giving you trouble before windows starts. What bios version are you running? Have you made any adjustments to them? Have you used the clear cmos button? Try clearing your bios to factory settings first. If the clear cmos button doesn't seem to be having an affect or you're not sure you can unplug the PSU and pull the mobo battery out for about 10 secs and that will reset them. If you just bought the mobo new it should already have the latest bios installed, which are FB (but check). Which of the sata connectors are your devices plugged into? Or are you using the Eide connectors? Which boot devices and order do you have them set up in? Can you enter bios and navigate around in them? Do your drives show up there? What do you have the drives set as - ide, sata, legacy or normal? After you have checked the settings you can try disconnecting your HDD and rebooting. It should go all the way through the bios setups/checks and then give you a no boot device/hard drive found. If you leave the windows disk in then it will try to start install then give the no hard drive found. If it makes it through that a coupla times without rebooting itself then reconnected the HDD and see what happens. Sorry for all the questions, I'm just trying to get an idea of how your board is set up.