Help win 7 problems!!!!

mattga6985

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
I have an extra desktop that i installed win 7 pro 64 bit on. The components of the system are a P5RD1-VM motherboard, Pentium 4 3.0 ghz processor HT, 2 gigs of OCZ ram, and an ATI sapphire 1950 pro 256. The problems that I am having are that it does not recognize the onboard sound, but it does recognize the S/Pdif even though it is not connected. The other problem is the 1950 pro is not recognized in my device manager even when I download and install the newest drivers from Sapphire. The odd thing is when I hook my display up to my motherboard it recognizes the display where as the 1950 pro does not.
Also, when I download and install the catalyst control center and restart my computer, it is not there.

tikrjee

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
according to ASUS's website, your motherboard doesn't have support for Windows 7 (doesn't even have full support for Vista).
Try a google search for ADI1986A SoundMax audio drivers (the audio device on your board)

In terms of your graphics card, AMD/ATI consider it legacy, and the last set of drivers for it are the 9.11, found at http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.13&lang=English

though it says they're for vista, Windows 7 should work with those (after all, Win7 is really 6.1 a.k.a Vista v.2)

Let me know if that gets you taken care of, or at least let me know how it goes for ya.