Sign in with
Your question

I5 3570k OC with ASRock Z77 Pro3 Voltage Problems

Last response: in Overclocking
December 2, 2012 6:42:33 PM

Hello,
As of right now, I have my PC overclocked at 4.4GHz @1.2 volts. I have an i5 3570k on an ASRock Z77 Pro3. I used a setting in the motherboard's BIOS that allows me to set an auto overclock, so I set it up for 4.4 GHz. It works absolutely fine, and I ran Prime 95 for 8 hours with no problem and games like Battlefield 3 and Skyrim with no problems. I would like to overclock more, but I am unsure what to do with the voltages and other settings. Are there instructions on how change the voltage on the Mobo. I tried to go to 4.5GHz, and I put the CPU Core Voltage on offset mode to +.025. It worked for a little but after 10 minutes on Prime95, I started getting errors. Thank you.
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 3, 2012 11:41:34 PM

You should be able to change vcore voltage to 'manual' as opposed to offset. Try setting it at 1.26 and see how you fair. P.s what is your cooling on that cpu? stock?
December 10, 2012 11:51:17 PM

I have a Corsair H60 water cooler. My temps are pretty good with it (66'C @ 100% at 4.4GHz). Unfortunately, my mobo. doesn't have that option, it's either set at auto or offset mode. I guess I got what I paid for with that mobo., but its still pretty good. But it offset mode, I changed it to +.045 volts, and it moved my voltage to 1.24v, so what should I put to get 1.26v?
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 11, 2012 2:49:20 AM

Wait, you're telling me that board won't allow you to run a locked/fixed voltage at all!? There's something wrong with that picture!

Either way, just do the numbers.. If you're running at 1.24v at MAX load with Prime/IBT then you need an extra 0.02v to get the voltage you need. Try adding that to your offset and see what happens. But don't just jump that high. Go with baby steps and work your way up to it.

Now as for the fixed voltage, have you tried turning speedstep/turbo off before checking the voltages? You can't run turbo/speedstep with fixed voltage.
!