Got myself a 2013 H60, mainly because I got a Phantom 410 case and couldn't bear to look at a stock Intel heatsink through the window. I know Corsair reccomend having it as an intake, but I'm using a locked i5 so no OCing, could I get away with having it in the roof, with the fan exhausting out the case?

Also something I was curious about since this is new to me, if a fan on a watercooling setup die, does it have any ability to cool passively like a heatsink could?

Thanks.

Yea thanks that helps. I think I'll have my fan in a push configuration though, since I like to be able to see stuff working, and it might help with noise a tiny bit since the fan has a bit more distance from an opening in the case.

There would be some passive cooling but how the rest of your case airflow is oriented would determine whether it is sufficient to keep your CPU cool enough. I wouldn't count on passive cooling from even my 360 rad if the fan(s) fail.

I have two EX360's and an Rx240 and if I switch the fans off the delta rises pretty fast, I advise you to have Two fans on the tiny rad, if you must have that cooler then maximise its cooling as much as you possibly can
Moto

Thanks. I know the Corsair kits don't have the best reputation and something like the Noctua NHD14 would destroy it but I'm on an matx motherboard at the minute so my options are limited.

Lutfij

Titan
yeah, two fans would mean one is in push on a rad and the other is in pull on the rad. I've covered the CLC's pretty thoroughly in the watercooling sticky. We shouldn't be seeing a question like this....