What temp should i keep this at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
Wow, 94C = Bad I'm guessing you're using stock cooling? Also, preset overclocking can be bad on processors as a lot of older boards actually automatically increase voltages on processors which in turn add to the heat they produce. While adding voltage can increase stability at higher clocks; the addition of heat can be exponential. I'm going to suggest you do some research and learn about your motherboard and overclocking with it and the processor that's in it. This can save you a lot of problems. Temperatures like that are dangerous and the way it looks to me, at 94C that processor is throttling itself to save itself from burning up.

steddora

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
Wow, 94C = Bad I'm guessing you're using stock cooling? Also, preset overclocking can be bad on processors as a lot of older boards actually automatically increase voltages on processors which in turn add to the heat they produce. While adding voltage can increase stability at higher clocks; the addition of heat can be exponential. I'm going to suggest you do some research and learn about your motherboard and overclocking with it and the processor that's in it. This can save you a lot of problems. Temperatures like that are dangerous and the way it looks to me, at 94C that processor is throttling itself to save itself from burning up.

Solution

masterman467

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012

yeah... that makes since. i just set it to auto 10% oc because it was geting pinned at 100% and laging on youtube videos :/ would underclocking help it not hit the limiter and actually make it faster?

this was my first build, 6 years ago and only has to last a few more weeks until i can get a new mobo, i3 and gtx 660.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS