lfforte

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
I am looking to buy a mid atx case. I don't think its necessary to send more than $100 (looking to spend 50-100$). The cooler master CM690 II case seems good with good reviews. However this case like many others has a lot of openings for fans and cooling. I am concerned about dust - the more air you draw through the case the more dust you bring in. I'm not sure the filters will be very effectvie.

I am not interested in opening the case and dusting it regularly. Any thoughts?

mcnuggetofdeath

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2008
I got a Cooler Master Scout from a cute rep at Quakecon. Didnt pay for it, but definitely worth it IMHO. Has multiple air filters to keep the dust out even with solid air flow. The CM690 is good too, but might be overkill unless you need the space. Also, it only has a few HDD bays.

Lutfij

Titan
well, if your not water cooling the unit then i'd suggest worrying about CPU temps once the case has limited vents. From personal experience i'd say the CM HAF 922 is a really functioning case :) as almost all of CM's cases.

For simplicity's sake get an air blower as well for the case and its innards

lfforte

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2010
I have an enlight case for 7 years and never had to open it to clean out the dust. I'm not interested in doing that and it seems to me that the more air you blow trhough the more quickly dust will accumulate.