Solved

Best thermal paste for $15-$20

Hi!
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but what thermal paste is the coolest? Around $15-$20, not including shipping.
I've been looking at artic cooling mx-4, and the artic silver 5.
Thanks!
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about best thermal paste
  1. Best answer
    ranger719 said:
    Hi!
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but what thermal paste is the coolest? Around $15-$20, not including shipping.
    I've been looking at artic cooling mx-4, and the artic silver 5.
    Thanks!

    That silver 5 will do you fine
    heres a list of other fun paste too :)
    http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=150&Itemid=62&limit=1&limitstart=12
  2. Best answer selected by ranger719.
  3. ryanlaxman said:

    Thank you! It seems like Artic Silver 5 would do well.

    I saw this article of them trying to put mayonnaise on their CPU. It worked surprisingly well!
  4. ranger719 said:
    Thank you! It seems like Artic Silver 5 would do well.

    I saw this article of them trying to put mayonnaise on their CPU. It worked surprisingly well!

    haha thats funny, imagine how bad it would smell when it started to burn off lol :) glad i could help
  5. artic cooling mx-4 is better do a little more research you will find Artic Silver 5 is conductive tisk..tisk...
  6. Personal preference for me is Arctic MX-2, costs way cheaper for me all the time at my local computer store. Only 4.99 for 4grams of MX-2 while Silver 5 costs 19.99

    Anyways as you can see the MX-4 and MX-2 which are both non-conductive beat the silver 5.
    http://skinneelabs.com/2011-thermal-paste-review-comparison/2/

    That being said grab either MX-2 or MX-4 depending on the price. The benchmarks only show a very small difference between the two (around 0.5 of a degree).
  7. socialfox said:
    Personal preference for me is Arctic MX-2, costs way cheaper for me all the time at my local computer store. Only 4.99 for 4grams of MX-2 while Silver 5 costs 19.99

    Anyways as you can see the MX-4 and MX-2 which are both non-conductive beat the silver 5.
    http://skinneelabs.com/2011-thermal-paste-review-comparison/2/

    That being said grab either MX-2 or MX-4 depending on the price. The benchmarks only show a very small difference between the two (around 0.5 of a degree).
    +1 i use both as well usually i buy MX-4.
  8. Is the Tuniq TX-4 good? I've seen lots of good review for it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cooling Thermal Compound Silver Overclocking Product