Check my build

I am a noob who has never played games on a PC. I love playing first person shooters (MW3, BF3 etc.) on XBOX360 and want to build a PC to play these type of games with at least the entertaining experience the XBOX gives me. Money is tight. Budget around $700.

AMD build:

CPU (w/GPU) AMD A10-5800K 3.8GHz (built in Radeon HD 7660D) $120

Heat sink for CPU cooler master hyper 212 $35

MB Asrock FM2 A85X Extreme 6 $95

GPU Sapphire HD 6670 1GB DDR5 (supposedly runs good in crossfire with the integral HD7660D) $85

HDD Intel 330 series 2.5" 120GB SSD $114

Case Sentey Extreme Devision GS-6500B Burton Blue Tower 6X fan $110

Power Seasonic M1211 620W Bronze $90

Memory Kingston HyperX 8GM (2X4GB) 1866MHz $50

Total build $718.00 (prices from newegg.com as of 02Dec2012)

I'm not looking to win bragging rights or anything. Just wanting to have a lot of fun playing entertaining games with good visuals on 1080 LED screen.
7 answers Last reply
More about check build
  1. 7x guru said:
    I am a noob who has never played games on a PC. I love playing first person shooters (MW3, BF3 etc.) on XBOX360 and want to build a PC to play these type of games with at least the entertaining experience the XBOX gives me. Money is tight. Budget around $700.

    AMD build:

    CPU (w/GPU) AMD A10-5800K 3.8GHz (built in Radeon HD 7660D) $120

    Heat sink for CPU cooler master hyper 212 $35

    MB Asrock FM2 A85X Extreme 6 $95

    GPU Sapphire HD 6670 1GB DDR5 (supposedly runs good in crossfire with the integral HD7660D) $85

    HDD Intel 330 series 2.5" 120GB SSD $114

    Case Sentey Extreme Devision GS-6500B Burton Blue Tower 6X fan $110

    Power Seasonic M1211 620W Bronze $90

    Memory Kingston HyperX 8GM (2X4GB) 1866MHz $50

    Total build $718.00 (prices from newegg.com as of 02Dec2012)

    I'm not looking to win bragging rights or anything. Just wanting to have a lot of fun playing entertaining games with good visuals on 1080 LED screen.


    CPU - No problem with it.

    Heatsink for CPU - Buy the Hyper 212 EVO. Its also $35 on newegg.

    MB - No problem with it.

    HDD- The SSD is good but buy a 500gb hard drive for about 60 bucks.

    Case- buy the Corsair 400R instead. its better.

    Power Supply- that psu is great! good that you chose a modular one :)

    Memory- to save cash buy G.Skill Ares 8GB (2X8GB) @ 1600Mhz

    Graphics Card- Hmmm, Get the 7750 instead. its only 15 bucks more and its a newer card. Less power consumption, more performance, less heat.
  2. Thank you, Timearp. I chickened out and bought an i5 3570K last night with a ASRock Z77 extreme 4 and a GTX660 last night. I am curious to know how my original build would have worked with the A10.
  3. 7x guru said:
    Thank you, Timearp. I chickened out and bought an i5 3570K last night with a ASRock Z77 extreme 4 and a GTX660 last night. I am curious to know how my original build would have worked with the A10.

    the A10 build would have been good for the price, but good that you bought a 3570k and 660, its heaps better than an A10!
  4. Yeah, the 3570k is a TON better than the A10. That system should make you look at the xBox as a giant cup holder. My system made my PS3 into a Netflix/Hulu player.
  5. steddora said:
    Yeah, the 3570k is a TON better than the A10. That system should make you look at the xBox as a giant cup holder. My system made my PS3 into a Netflix/Hulu player.



    Thanks for the encouragement.
  6. timarp000 said:
    the A10 build would have been good for the price, but good that you bought a 3570k and 660, its heaps better than an A10!


    Thank you for your input.
  7. Not a problem! Let us know how you like that new rig! :) It's a wonderful feeling knowing you have that kind of power under the desk. :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Overclocking