Fastest USB 3.0 Flash Drive as of 2012?

audi911

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Hey I've been searching for maybe some 2012 reviews through Google and Tom's I can't really find anything.
Maybe someone can help me here.

I'm looking for the fastest USB 3.0 Flash Drive as of now.

32GB or bigger

I currently have a Patriot PEF32GSUSB Supersonic Flash Drive.

Is there anything better than this?

Any help would be appreciated.

I think it is a good choice and it's a Patriot brand as well so you would be staying with the same brand. A 64gb is big and you can have an OS on there and still have plenty of room.
I do think the Leveno stick is an interestring one where the read and write speeds are almost the same , you don't see that very often.

whoratesit

Honorable
Jun 8, 2012

Hi Audi911

The PEF32GSUSB Supersonic Flash Drive has read/write speeds of approx 160/40 MB/s

The Jumpdrive Triton 32GB clocks in at approx 170/170 MB/s which is a significantly faster write speed, there is a detailed review (with benchmarks etc) of the 16GB version here:
http://www.whoratesit.com/Best-16GB-Flash-Drive/Comparison/1

rgds

ericjohn004

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
Have none of you heard of the Super Talent Express RC8? That is easily better than any of the drives you all just mentioned. And in small 4k reads and writes it will destroy any of the drives yall have mentioned. Have ya'll even heard of the RC8? I see it all over the place.

ericjohn004

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
It's like all you look at is sequential. But sequential is BARELY even used. Only with huge movies or songs. I spend way more time with small files. ANd the RC8 have 180 mb/s read and write plus way better small file performance. Super Talent is easily the best name brand by far. This should be well known by now.

anaron

Honorable
Dec 2, 2012

I have never had a flash drive as amazing or fast as the RC8. Unfortunately, they are not dependable. Bought first on in Sept and it lasted 4 months. Took almost a month to get get the 1st one rma'd. The 2nd one lasted 1 month and it took 3 weeks to rma the second one. The 3rd on lasted 4 days. Got all kinds of excuses from SuperTalent about there NOT being an issue with the drives but they could never tell me what they found wrong. Absolutely loved this drive but I cannot depend on it. SuperTalent support is pretty much non-existant. Decided nto to rma again as I already had $everal bucks invested in shipping costs and it appears this will be an every 2 or 3 month ordeal. Surprisingly, SuperTalent contacted me 6 months later and offered to pay the shipping an repair the drive all to no avail as the 4th drive did not last a week. Repeated questions as to why they were failing went unanswered and I have received no further response from SuperTalent on the issue.

Ron Burnes

kenusb

Honorable
Dec 3, 2012
I'm looking for the fastest USB 3.0 Flash Drive as of now.
32GB or bigger
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think you can looking for usb flash drive supplier on google.
There are many suppliers on the website.
As i know, there is usb flash disk supplier offer usb flash drive 128GB as most!

culturelles

Honorable
Nov 22, 2012
I read commentary on other site and apparently the speed of the super Talent Express RC8 is not what they said.
Except for already heavily compressed file.The key compressed all file before transferring.So when the file is could not be compressed the speed goes down dramatically to 40 Mo/s.
Some customers have had problems of quality and have to return key.