Sign in with
Your question

Dual monitors for Dell Inspiron 530

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 11, 2010 12:19:43 PM

I have a Dell 530 Inspiron which has the regular VGA monitor plug (into which I've attached monitor 1) and a DVI monitor plug (into which I've attached monitor 2). The problem is that the computer isn't recognizing there's a second monitor attached. I'm on the ignorant end of the tech spectrum, so I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I've had this computer since November 2008 and I've only had one monitor hooked up to it up to this point. I bought the second monitor, but I can't get it to work. Can anyone help?

As far as system specs, it has an Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz with 4.00 GB RAM. I'm not a computer guy, so I hope this doesn't sound too ignorant. It has an Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family video something. There is also a little ATI icon in my menu bar that opens a Catalyst Control Center, but I can't find anything else about video. Any suggestions?
April 30, 2010 3:28:46 AM

I believe you can go to control panel>display>adjust resolution and click on Detect and/or Identify, then it may help install your new monitor. Not really sure. Seen a friend do this once. Hope it helps
!