Sign in with
Your question

ASRock 775Dual-VSTA!

Last response: in Motherboards
October 4, 2010 2:51:15 PM

Hei i'm new on tom's hardware, and sorry for my english!

I need some answers, because i bought a Sapphire HD3650, Agpx8, 512MB, DDR2, 128-bit and on my old mobo ASRock P4i65GV the board don't want to run the pc, mobo don't read the gpu!

I want to buy ASRock 775Dual-VSTA and i want to know MOBO recognize the GPU?

If don't please recommand me a mobo to recognize the sapphire! Thank's and sorry again for my english!

More about : asrock 775dual vsta

October 4, 2010 7:40:17 PM

I do not think anyone can guarantee that any motherboard will work with the video card that you have. My theory is that your current motherboard is 2 years older than the one that you are looking at and that may be part of the reason why it does not support that video card. It is possible that flashing the bios could fix the motherboard but it is a risk and it is unlikely that there is an update that would fix this problem.

I hope you didn't spend too much on that Sapphire. You are dealing with rather old technology and it still may not work as well as you would like. Also the motherboard that you are looking at won't support your old CPU unless you are planning on buying a new CPU too. I was in a similar situation recently and it was more cost effective to build a new PC rather than trying to upgrade my old one.
a b V Motherboard
October 4, 2010 8:43:27 PM

In theory, it should work. The GPU is a AGP card with a 4x/8x interface - as is the board you want to buy. The motherboard supports AGP 1.5v cards, and that Sapphire HD3650 is a 1.5v card.

Related resources
October 5, 2010 12:31:04 PM

@Ar-el-es - Yes i know, nobody can guarantee me the gpu work on mobo, i don't sped very much with that Sapphire i bought gpu with 17e (+ one module ddr400 kingmax 1gb)

You have right, if i buy the ASRock 4CoreDual-VSTA (i thought better, and i want that mobo) with him i buy a cpu ( Intel Core 2 Duo E4700-E4600 or E6600-E6700 )

@ Gekko Shadow - The BIOS don't support gpu, for that exista vga support list, on official site! :D 
a b V Motherboard
October 5, 2010 12:49:28 PM

upstonik said:

@ Gekko Shadow - The BIOS don't support gpu, for that exista vga support list, on official site! :D 

That' why i said in theory xD. I've had graphics card work in systems that weren't exactly supported =P. But i guess that was just luck lol
!