Did my mobo died? (biostar)

G

hello,

i have phenom 9950 (120W)
4 gig ram
ati 4870
550w xilence PSU

in a biostar TA 770 A2+ S mobo

a half year ago the PC very rarely failed to boot on first power up.
then a recent BSOD while watching a movie came.

and now it often fails to boot windows or even if succseeds i got BSOD sooner then later.

i was writing down the error codes and what i gathered from MS website it was different every time,[cannot find something on HDD,RQ = less then equal etc. <-- these are ofc not carbon copies of the message i forgot what exactly where they by now]

i was suspicious that something was wrong with this mobo because the first one died after a year and i RMA d it now this one died to, sadly its not under warranty anymore (the store jsut gave 1yr warranty on the mobo) also my old GPU geforce 6600 pro was also a biostar and it also died after a year(WTF?).starting to think its a cheap **** brand.

now im positive its the Mobo because i went to BIOS and was waiting / browsing through the options and it suddenly just freeze.

still posting this because i want to know the opinions of more educated people(y knwo to be sure).

so what do you think from the sympthomes? is it the mobo? or something else?should i do a test bench and how should i do it properly?

thank you.

Gekko Shadow

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
From what is sounds like to me, mobo is on the fritz. And freezing in the BIOS is not good. How is your airflow in this PC? I had a board just like this once, and it died on me in less than a few months. It was a heating issue. Board got to hot and just died. I didn't care since it wasn't bought with my money - i just threw it away.

I suggest maybe cleaning out your PC? Might have alot of dust built up. You can also try resetting your BIOS settings (CMOS Jumper).

And on a slight chance it could also be the video. (BSOD while watching movie? lol). Maybe testing another card can help.