strider

I think it's highly polished but am I the only one who thinks the
narrative isn't up to scratch. I've only just collected Jacknaw's claw
but I'm not in love with it like I was with Thief II.

--
www.stri.tk

"Confutatis maledictis" -- when the wicked are
confounded. "Flammis Acribus Adictis." How would you
translate that?
Consigned to flames of woe.
Do you believe it?
What?
A fire which never dies, burning you forever?
Oh yes.

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 20:42:49 GMT, Strider <email-address@signature.okies>
wrote:

>I think it's highly polished but am I the only one who thinks the
>narrative isn't up to scratch. I've only just collected Jacknaw's claw
>but I'm not in love with it like I was with Thief II.

You mean unpolished, right?

How could a game that reverts settings like multisampling and difficulty
level ever be considered polished? How could it even have left the QA
department?

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

strider

Michael Cecil proclaimed...

> You mean unpolished, right?
>
> How could a game that reverts settings like multisampling and difficulty
> level ever be considered polished? How could it even have left the QA
> department?

Yeah, unpolished.

--

"Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> schrieb:

> How could a game that reverts settings like multisampling and difficulty
> level ever be considered polished? How could it even have left the QA
> department?

Quite simple: if a deadline has to be met, a deadline has to be met.

Well, maybe Ionstorm knew that the will be more or less closed and they
didn't care anymore? Maybe Eidos has no more money and they didn't care
anymore? Anyway, we will never know the truth, that's for sure.

--
Eine falsch abgetrennte Sig kann gar nicht falsch abgetrennt sein,
weil, wenn sie falsch abgetrennt ist, ist sie keine Sig mehr, und

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 10:16:52 +0200, "Martin Seibert" <realsyntech@gmx.at>
wrote:

>"Michael Cecil" <macecil@comcast.net> schrieb:
>
>> How could a game that reverts settings like multisampling and difficulty
>> level ever be considered polished? How could it even have left the QA
>> department?
>
>Quite simple: if a deadline has to be met, a deadline has to be met.
>
>Well, maybe Ionstorm knew that the will be more or less closed and they
>didn't care anymore? Maybe Eidos has no more money and they didn't care
>anymore? Anyway, we will never know the truth, that's for sure.

We need to capture the Eidos marketing team and put them to the knife.

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

Multisampling doesn't revert for me. All my settings stay the same. Not
sure what you're doing differently.

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 20:49:41 GMT, Michael Cecil <macecil@comcast.net>
wrote:

>How could a game that reverts settings like multisampling and difficulty
>level ever be considered polished?

Which entry, in which file, holds the difficulty level? I've played on
Expert so far and have found it to be dissapointingly easy and haven't
noticed any difference between the missions and the City which
apparantly doesn't have a difficulty setting.

>How could it even have left the QA
>department?

A publisher that I'll *never* buy another game from unless they
release the T3 SDK.

What's up Chuck?

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 21:09:45 +0200, Greger Hoel <gregerh@spamblock.com>
wrote:

>On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 20:49:41 GMT, Michael Cecil <macecil@comcast.net>
>wrote:
>
>>How could a game that reverts settings like multisampling and difficulty
>>level ever be considered polished?
>
>Which entry, in which file, holds the difficulty level? I've played on
>Expert so far and have found it to be dissapointingly easy and haven't
>noticed any difference between the missions and the City which
>apparantly doesn't have a difficulty setting.

I don't know. If it's like DX2, then it is saved off with the save games
and can't be simply changed. I just change the difficulty back to expert
after clicking on each blue mission glyph.

--

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 17:24:29 -0500, "the churchwarden" <no@no.com> wrote:

>Multisampling doesn't revert for me. All my settings stay the same. Not
>sure what you're doing differently.

Supposedly leaving the movies enabled causes multisampling to revert.