Corsair Warranty Policy – Or How I Learned to Give Up My Desktop...

wpeltola

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
http://pocketpccentral.net/blog/2010/04/26/corsair-warranty-policy-or-how-i-learned-to-give-up-my-desktop-and-love-the-wait/

Thoughts on this??

Having waited 3-4 weeks for an RMA ( Antec, and I still use them more than any other brand ) , my thoughts are that it's crying over nothing.

Do you work for Antec or something ? 4 posts either touting Antec or downplaying Corsair seems kind of fishy.

foxtron

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010

Do you work for Corsair?

Cheers

JC

I am a fan as well.
Use mostly the NSK series cases for builds, have the TPN 750 running my system, the TPN 550 in my brothers machine, an EA430 in my son's box, an EA380 in my wife's machine, a TPT650 in the office server, get the picture ?
I don't tie myself to one brand though , have a fancy Gigabyte on the test bench and Corsairs in a couple of other machine's.

leon2006

Distinguished
Time is Money.... Can't Afford to wait.. Its not worth it.

In such scenario learn to take control of the situation. Don't be at the mercy of tech support that are excellent in providing lip service and generic responses that leaves you hanging by the end of the day.

Always call during business hours. I Put it on a speaker phone while I'm working. The waiting don't kill me as the waiting for the tech support becomes a secondary task.

Take note you don't have control on the person who is on the other side of the phone. The worst is most of the time its a machine not even a person.

When any of my HW fail... I buy a replacement unit ASAP. Taking note that i have 30 days to return it. Then i ship my defective hardware. My downtime is very minimal.

If i like the replacement unit i swap it back. If not i just keep the new hardware.

Some stores like Fry's, Best Buy where i purchase some of my HW they take the bad unit and replace it ( As long as your hw is under mfr warranty). Talking to the store manager sometimes goes a long way.

I have 3 Antec PSU and 1 Corsair. Two of my Antec PSU (850 Quatros) went up in smoke after >2 years of ON-24/7. The stores just replace it and took my old units.

After 2 blow-ups i did not install the new(replacement) Antec 850 Quatro. I purchase the Corsair HX1000.

Most pc hw have 'DO NOT RETURN THIS PRODUCT" stickers inside with a hot-line number to call. Surprisingly this number always works (At least) in my case.

TAKE CONTROL OF THE SITUATION. There are things that you can do instead of waiting for warranty process to take its course. Claim the warranty but do something in between to protect yourself or your need.

The 30 day return policy( no questions ask) is a powerful customer protection. Make use of it. It was made for customers. Including high spenders like PC Geeks.

leon2006

Distinguished

Typical Default reponse from any tech or customer support. LIP SEVICE, Chaper-1 on the book of Customer Lip Service default responses.

A classic example of a very specific problem with no direct solution from the product provider.

If you are really serious why don't take this matter personally and make sure that your customer is attended to properly? After all he is your customer right? Not even a number with real people on the other end of the line.

Please spare us the non value added responses.

AMW1011

Distinguished
Leon2006 is exactly right, warranties are a bitch no matter what. The article compares Amazon and Corsair, but only one of them has a huge market on the shipping business and is far, far larger than the other.

leon2006

Distinguished
Corsair Number from the "DO NOT RETURN THIS PRODUCT TO THE STORE" sticker

1-888-222-4346->0

Numbers from the manual

1-800-205- 7657
1-510- 657- 8747

Business hours is 8-5 California or Pacific Standard time.... According to the machine.

my thoughts? Typical return/rma policy in the industry. It should be improved if possible.

my worst warranty experience - Panasonic plasma TV I bought at Fry's Electronics stopped working. Took 4 days before a tech came to the apartment to look at it. TV needed a part replaced. The part was not in stock. It would be three another weeks before the defective part was replaced. Luckily the warranty included a loner provision for large screen TV's. Fry's Electronics gave me a TV to use until mine was fixed.

my best experience - Normally I purchase pc components online because they are less expensive than local stores and there is no sales tax. However, sometimes I purchase parts at a local Fry's Electronics store. I purchased a motherboard at Fry's that turned out to be defective. I took it back the same day I bought it and got an immediate replacement.

For the record, I've been pretty lucky. I purchased my first pc in 1984. I have been upgrading and building ever since. I also build pc's for others. I've had very very few components go bad. It's been my personal experience that if a part is going to go bad it usually goes during the first 30 days of operation. In that respect the vendors' 30 day return policies comes in handy. I simply purchase a replacement part and return the defective part for a refund.