Sign in with
Your question

Uk.hardware.info reviews legit?

December 3, 2012 3:20:41 PM

First of all, I must stress that I don't mean to defame them or anything, and I am really grateful for their extremely extensive testing, but I am still a little doubtful based on the results.

I just saw this review of 393 fans ranging from 80mm to 140mm, and their test benchmarks, and I'm really wondering how "legit", or accurate in portraying real-life performance their tests are. This is because they have shown that many of the best word-of-mouth, or those tested by others, aren't really the cream of the crop as I expected. For example, the Noctuas, Noiseblockers, Cougars, Corsairs, Akasas, Cooler Masters and Be Quiet!s all don't have that good airflow or noise levels as other lesser known and recommended brands/models. Only the Scythe's Gentle Typhoon still remains near or at the best.

More specifically:
Are Coolink's Swif2-1201s and Prolimatech 14cm Vortexes really that good for 120mm and 140mm respectively? They are exceptional performers at ~37dbA that displace every other fan except the Alpenföhn Wing Boost(which cost thrice as much), according to their benchmarks.
!