Markasaurus23

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2010
Hi all. I have another question/issue I'd like to share with you guys. Hopefully you guys can help me figure it out.

I mainly play Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty 4. Thinking about getting MW2. But when playing Cod2/4 I'd say about once every 15-20 seconds I get fps lag of about 2-5 seconds. On Cod2 I have my fps shown at the top right hand corner and it's usually around 125(that's what I have it capped at) and it will drop to 40-60ish then eventually go back up to 125. Same thing happens in Cod4, but a little worse. Instead of just lagging and skipping frames, it'll just freeze my screen for about 1-2 seconds then be fine. This started happening once I installed my 2nd card and went with SLi.

My question is, do you guys have any suggestions on how to fix this issue? It's like the 2nd card stops working for a few seconds, then starts working again. I'm 99% sure that my drivers are updated, because I did that a few weeks ago after both cards were installed.

Thanks a bunch!

Back story on my cards - http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/277985-33-work#t2051624