P5W-DH DELUXE dual boot Vista 32-bit and Windows 7 64-bit

I currently have Windows Vista 32-bit installed with 4 GB RAM. I'm having low memory issues since only 3 GB is utilized. So I would like to dual boot Windows 7 64-bit so I can utilize the extra 1 GB RAM. The BIOS only see 3200 MB RAM, I read I can change bios settings so it'll read all 4096 MB. Do I have to go to bios setting and change it to 4096 MB RAM before booting to Windows 7 64 bit and then change it again to 3200 MB RAM before booting into Windows Vista 32-bit? It kinna a hassle, I was hoping Windows will detect it automatically.

PS: I would like to buy a 256 GB SSD but it's $600, ouch! I current have VelociRaptor WD3000GLFS as my boot drive. Is SSD A LOT faster?
3 answers Last reply
More about deluxe dual boot vista windows
  1. I read SSD requires a lot of tweaks in Windows 7 because of slow writes and don't last as long as normal hd. Maybe SSD is not ready for prime time.
  2. True but price is still too high. They mostly buy 80 GB SSD, too small for me.
  3. I think I have found my answer from this link http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=67972
    I need to enabled the "Memory Remap" feature in BIOS before installing Windows 7 64 bit. If I want to boot into Windows Vista 32-bit, I have to disabled it. I think I'll just have Windows 7 64 bit on a 80 GB SSD. I won't dual boot. I was thinking of upgrading to 8 GB but the price of DDR2 800 is equal to much faster RAM, so I'll wait until I have a new motherboard and cpu.
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus Windows 7 RAM Windows Vista Dual Boot Motherboards Product