Sign in with
Your question

H60 maintenance and safeguards

Last response: in Overclocking
December 3, 2012 6:13:33 PM

Hey TH! I recently built a desktop and I have been adding goodies to it as money permits (SLI, dual monitors, and SSD's all with time) and while I have a decent cooler master I have recently purchased a Corsair H60. I have been idling at 36-40 C at 4.0Ghz with my I7 3770k. This is too warm for comfort and I want to overclock to 4.5 or 4.7, which I know is not uncommon.

I am in the process of testing and optimizing all my case fan directions, so I know with some adjustments I can bring down temps a bit more.

Anyways, I wanted to know A) What maintenance is recommended for my H60? I haven't heard of these failing in the hands of experienced techs, only newbies, and I don't want to leak all over my new system. B) is there any other parts like reinforcements for cable mountings, etc. which can further reduce leak chance and/or prevent leaks from damaging the rest of my system.

I have been a long time lurker on this forum and I know it has great advice and is an excellent knowledge base. Your experience and wisdom is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Brett
a c 324 K Overclocking
December 3, 2012 8:48:14 PM

a) There is no maintenance, it's a closed loop cooler. Just make sure the radiator fins are dusted out regularly.

b) Not anything I've ever heard of...the market kind of ends at the purchase of these coolers.

December 3, 2012 9:56:00 PM

I thought so, thank you. One more thing-- I already have a LGA1155 slot mounting bracket on my mobo which was a pain for me (especially in my huge thermaltake level 10, trying to reach around to hold it on and screw it in) so can I just keep on my old mounting bracket? The pictures of the mounting bracket make it look virtually identical.
!