pepinc

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
I have an Radeon HD 4350 in my PC. It's a dual port card so I hooked up my projector and LCD monitor. The driver for the card has three options, clone, extend and span. I choose clone because I want the FULL desktop on both the projector and monitor. The problem is that the two device have different resolution. Projector with 1280 X 800 (16:10) native resolution and the monitor 1024 X 768 (4:3). Clone mode does not let me have two seperate resoltutions. Expand mode does but that's not what I want.

I'm ready to buy another card but I need to make sure that what I'm trying to do is even an option with other cards.

Any ideas?

Solution
Buying a new card will not solve your problem, getting two monitors/projectors that are the same native resolution will. Indeed clone/mirror mode only works when the resolutions are the same. You could enable GPU scaling called Letterboxing(or Maintain Aspect Ratio as its called in CCC) this will prevent the image from being stretched but will make black bars around the larger of the two screens to make up the difference in resolution.

paperfox

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009
Buying a new card will not solve your problem, getting two monitors/projectors that are the same native resolution will. Indeed clone/mirror mode only works when the resolutions are the same. You could enable GPU scaling called Letterboxing(or Maintain Aspect Ratio as its called in CCC) this will prevent the image from being stretched but will make black bars around the larger of the two screens to make up the difference in resolution.

Solution

pepinc

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010

Thanks. I'll try that.