Renaming Administrator

Is it possible to rename Administrator in Win XP? If so, how?

I wish to make things a bit more complicated for intruders.

Mats

null

MatsS wrote:

> Is it possible to rename Administrator in Win XP? If so, how?
>
> I wish to make things a bit more complicated for intruders.
>
> Mats

First, make sure you have a 'back door' account with Administrator
privileges, in case something goes wrong.

To rename the Administrator account:

Right-click My Computer and select Manage
In the left pane, double-click on Local Users and Groups
Then in the left pane, highlight Users
In the right pane, right-click on Administrator, and select Rename.

posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
of this message.