Hey Everyone.

Here are my specs:

Core i7 930
Asus P6T
Antec Earthwatts 750
CM Hyper 212+
MSI cyclone 1 gb gtx 460
Corsair XMS (3 x 2gb) 1600 (PC 12800)
I believe this is a pretty simple question, but because I am new to all of this hardware stuff, I need some help. How do I check the RAM voltage and do I need to key in the actual timings and voltages manually? I have posted a couple questions before pertaining to a blue screen of death and people have told me to check my video card and ram so I could use some help with this. In addition, are there RAM drivers that I can reinstall or do RAM drivers not even exist? Sorry for being a complete newbie but I would appreciate any help. Oh, and if my RAM is rated at 1.65 V, can I still feed it less voltage or would it be best if I did input the 1.65V? I would appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks everyone!

More about : checking voltage ram

Best solution

a b } Memory
October 5, 2010 8:14:59 AM

Hello.

No you do not install RAM drivers.

Generally the timings are automatically set to 9-9-9-24, so if yours have quicker timings then you will have to set it.

If you go to "PC Health Stats" in the BIOS it should say the RAM voltage under "DRAM" or something similar. Using CPUZ you can get your timings as well, but these don't normally need setting when running 9-9-9-24.

You are allowed to run RAM below its speced voltage though this could lead to instability. Though if you run the RAM at 1333MHz (it is rated for 1600) then you should be fine with 1.6V.

To check for RAM stability you can run Memtest which wll show you if any errors exist.
http://majorgeeks.com/MemTest_d350.html

Hope that helps :) 
October 6, 2010 4:30:51 AM

Wolygon said:
Hello.

No you do not install RAM drivers.

Generally the timings are automatically set to 9-9-9-24, so if yours have quicker timings then you will have to set it.

If you go to "PC Health Stats" in the BIOS it should say the RAM voltage under "DRAM" or something similar. Using CPUZ you can get your timings as well, but these don't normally need setting when running 9-9-9-24.

You are allowed to run RAM below its speced voltage though this could lead to instability. Though if you run the RAM at 1333MHz (it is rated for 1600) then you should be fine with 1.6V.

To check for RAM stability you can run Memtest which wll show you if any errors exist.
http://majorgeeks.com/MemTest_d350.html

Hope that helps :) 

Ahh I will do all of this. Thanks a lot!
October 6, 2010 4:31:00 AM

Best answer selected by kosaku30.
!