Hi Everyone,

My office PC was upgraded recently. I didnt bother to check what was inside. Today i got CPU-Z installed and checked the specs. Was disappointed though. They gave a Dell PC with an E5400 processor on a G41 board. But the RAM was DDR3. As far as i know G41 boards had DDR2 RAM support and not DDR3. Could you kindly clarify this.

Even some X38's are DDR3. My work PC is a Q33. I have done a couple CPU swaps, from E2180 (came with it) to an E6550, and now I currently have a E7500 in it. (I work in IT so sometimes i give myself an upgrade) I alsoo have 4 gigs but also running Windows 7 32, various reasons we arent moving to 64bit yet you dept probably has some of the same reasons.

On a side note I grabbed another E7500 ploped it in a Gigabyte Mobo I have laying around and am running it at 4.07Ghz on a stock 65nm cooler.

http://s250.photobucket.com/albums/gg272/Snipergod87_2/?action=view&current=CIMG0738.jpg

@ snipergod87 - lovin' that..!

I am proud of it myself, took a motherboard tray dremeled it out spraypainted it with some textured paint, drilled some holes in the tray so I could bolt it on to of an Acer monitor stand (provides a stable mount and I can tilt it). My co-worker call it a popsicle stick computer.

Edit: Sorry I didn't mean to thread jack.