PSU: Orion 585W PSU

New Build:
CPU: AMD A10-5800k Quad-Core APU @ 3.8Ghz/4.2Ghz Turbo
RAM: G.Skill Ares Series DDR3 1866Mhz 2 x 4GB
HDD: *Same*
Case: *Same*
Motherboard: ASRock FM2A55M-DGS FM2 Socket
PSU: *Same*

Now, I tried to boot to my HDD and I got a Blue Screen almost immediately. I restarted the PC 2 times and got the same BSOD. After that, I just went and got my Linux Ubuntu OS Disk and I'm running my OS off of there for the time being until I get this fixed. I want to boot to window on my HDD just to do a few things before I upgrade to Windows 7 64 bit. I was wondering if anyone has ideas on how to fix the BSOD. Can major hardware changes cause that?

Solution
Yes, major hardware changes on Windows will cause a BSOD if you do not take the necessary steps to prepare the OS for this. The basic problem is you have the old drivers loading, and they are expecting the hardware to say either left or right, and then because it's different hardware, it might say "elephant" and the driver has no idea what to make of that, so you get a crash.

Linux tends to just blindly send signals to the hardware and expects the hardware to figure out what to do with that signal, so it can be a bit more flexible with hardware changes.

cl-scott

Honorable
Yes, major hardware changes on Windows will cause a BSOD if you do not take the necessary steps to prepare the OS for this. The basic problem is you have the old drivers loading, and they are expecting the hardware to say either left or right, and then because it's different hardware, it might say "elephant" and the driver has no idea what to make of that, so you get a crash.

Linux tends to just blindly send signals to the hardware and expects the hardware to figure out what to do with that signal, so it can be a bit more flexible with hardware changes.

Solution