Sign in with
Your question

Asus u3s6 card in asus m4a88td-v evo/usb3 board

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 5, 2010 9:15:47 AM

Hi,
Anyone know how I can use the u3s6 pci-e card with my board? I have two ocz vertex 2e 60gb set up in a raid 0 on my sb850 controller but when I insert the u3s6 the raid cannot be booted. Anyone know how I can get round this. I have 2 other sata disks in my rig which I want the u3s6 for. My bluray roms are plugged into the motherboard on sata 5 and 6 (set as IDE) and my ssds are on 1 and 2.

Anyone able to help?
a b V Motherboard
October 5, 2010 6:32:05 PM

Do you get any specific error message? Have you tried changing some boot order optiosn in the BIOS?
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 7, 2010 4:39:05 AM

The only error message was that win 7 partition could not be found. I think it's the card takes boot priority over the raid but the raid doesn't appear in the bios at all with the card inserted. I get no sb850 screen (press ctrl f etc) at boot either with the card in.
m
l
Related resources
March 8, 2011 10:12:11 AM

I have the same problem too, it says no boot drive visible when the card is in. Boot order is Raid SATA Drives DVD/CD External
m
l
April 1, 2011 5:05:09 AM

It seems Asus U3S6 is not compatible with the rest of onboard Sata Controllers if this ones are set to RAID mode. Are you receiving the message during post 'No enough space to load PCI option ROM' ?
Unfortunatelly, there is no option to enter the ROM BIOS of U3S6 to manage some options that can avoid this trouble (for example Boot oprtions that would be disabled, disable BBS support, etc,), in this scenario we've some options.
.- Don't set your SB850 SATA Controller as RAID, then you will be able to use it together with Asus U3S6.
.- Try to disable/enable some options in your mobo BIOS in the way to disable Addon ROM BIOS to be loaded.
Asus U3S6 is a cheap controller card but perhaps it only works in some conditions (NO RAID PRESENTS) also it's just AHCI SATA Controller NOT RAID CONFIGURABLE.

I have tried the Asus U3S6 with some ASUS mobo's like an ancient A8N32-SLI Deluxe, an adult M3N-HT Deluxe/HDMI and at youngest M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, and it always works in same conditions, not RAID options enabled for onboard SATA controllers.

Remember there is a list of compatible motherboards wich Asus U3S6 theoretically works fine, initially:
Maximus III Formula
P7P55D Deluxe
P7P55D EVO
P7P55D PRO
P7P55D
P7P55D LE
P7P55 LX
P7P55 WS Supercomputer
P6T
P6T Deluxe
P6T Deluxe V2
P6T WS Professional
P6T6 WS Revolution
P6T7 WS SuperComputer
P6TD Deluxe
P6T SE
Rampage II Extreme
Rampage II GENE
M4A79T Deluxe
M4A785TD-V EVO
M4A77TD PRO
M4A79T Deluxe/U3S6
M4A77TD PRO/U3S6
M4A785TD-V EVO/U3S6

I hope this information will be useful for the comunity.
m
l
!