When is Phenom II X4 960T suppose to come out? (zosma)

I want to build, and I was ready to order my stuff yesterday, but heard about this recently and I wanna know if it's worth waiting for? Any estimated time it will come? It says Q3 of this year in Wikipedia, but I've been reading Q2 everywhere of this year.

So should I just get a 955 BE or wait for this?
2 answers Last reply
More about when phenom 960t suppose zosma
  1. I have not seen a firm release date. I think mid to late summer is about right. The first batch of these will likely be X6 chips with defective or under-performing cores. This means that AMD needs enough defective X6 to offer the 960t in quantity. The next Phenom stepping will eventually bring these feature to the rest of line.

But my understanding is the 960t is just a 945 (3.0 Ghz) with trubo to 3.4 and no unlocked multiplier. Good, but only a minor upgrade over the chips already out. I would go with the 955 for now.
  2. FALC0N said:
    I have not seen a firm release date. I think mid to late summer is about right. The first batch of these will likely be X6 chips with defective or under-performing cores. This means that AMD needs enough defective X6 to offer the 960t in quantity. The next Phenom stepping will eventually bring these feature to the rest of line.

But my understanding is the 960t is just a 945 (3.0 Ghz) with trubo to 3.4 and no unlocked multiplier. Good, but only a minor upgrade over the chips already out. I would go with the 955 for now.

i think the 960t should have more unlock probability and all of them :) shouldnt be the defective thuban chips.there is someoen who manageg to unlock it.you can refer the links given below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9fGHhcRZqU

http://en.ocworkbench.com/tech/exclusive-asrock-890gx-extreme3-motherboard-is-first-board-to-unlock-phenom-ii-x4-and-turn-it-into-a-x6/all/1/

i think any other motherboard with amd sb710 or sb 750 orsb850... shold be able to unlock it too.

but thats only just ''1''.we will know about it later.940t may not be a 945 anyway.i too want to upgrade to x4 960t and unlock it but i am not sure about the price and release dates.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Build Phenom Product