Sign in with
Your question

Sound in Windows 7 not working

Last response: in Windows 7
December 21, 2009 7:11:39 PM

im usually pretty good at getting stuff to work on my computer but this takes the cake. my fresh windows 7 install will NOT play sound at all. tried different audio ports, legacy drivers, mobo sound drivers and drivers right off of realteks website. i searched here and tried some things to no avail.

halp!

More about : sound windows working

a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
December 21, 2009 7:15:05 PM

It would probably help if you actually told us what your hardware was. Presumably you've looked in Device Manager - does the sound device show normally there or are there any problems with it?
December 21, 2009 7:30:20 PM

device manager reports that everything is working properly..heres my system info
gigabyte P35-DS3L mobo...socket 775
intel core 2 duo e6850 3 ghz processor
32 bit windows 7
nvidia 8800 gt
2gb ram
Related resources
December 22, 2009 2:27:30 AM

I had the SAME PROBLEM, here is how I solved it! Follow these instruction exactly.
1.Start>Control Panel>Sound
2.Once open you should be under the playback Tab, select the proper playback device, double click on that device and another window will open. Then got to the tab titled "Levels".
There should be a bar which on my installation was set at minium (0) by default. Get the bar to a full 100 and it should work. I had the same problem and just as you it took the cake cause it took me about 2 hours to figure it out. lol
December 22, 2009 7:13:12 PM

hey thanks for the attempt...my sound bars were all turned to 0, but even now on 100 i got no sound

the next step is a one-way plane ticket to Washington, where ill kill myself on the front lawn of microsoft
December 23, 2009 2:46:21 AM

something new i just noticed - it seems every time i reboot my computer, windows or something else is automatically reinstalling some drivers...
!