Building computer problem

Ok guys i got my compter parts picked out and i want to order it but heres my problem I have never built a computer before I would really like to try it myself but i dont want to brake it is there any videos out there i can watch of other people building a newer computer step by step.
6 answers Last reply
More about building computer problem
  1. Hey daman! Welcome to TomsHardWare!


    Of course there are videos out there on how to build a computer step-by-step.


    Here is a link: YouTube - Step by Step. A young gentleman using the name thenewboston did these videos on YouTube about a year ago. He's explains compatibility between parts, picking each ones out, and then building it.


    This is the link where he ACTUALLY starts. YouTube - Step by Step


    Take your time and watch the video. Keep in mind, he is using parts that are a little 2005-ish, so bare with him.


    Is there anything else you need? :D
  2. Anonymous said:
    Hey daman! Welcome to TomsHardWare!


    Of course there are videos out there on how to build a computer step-by-step.


    Here is a link: YouTube - Step by Step. A young gentleman using the name thenewboston did these videos on YouTube about a year ago. He's explains compatibility between parts, picking each ones out, and then building it.


    This is the link where he ACTUALLY starts. YouTube - Step by Step


    Take your time and watch the video. Keep in mind, he is using parts that are a little 2005-ish, so bare with him.


    Is there anything else you need? :D


    Hi thx that help some there is no newer vids that you know of? also when installing all the drivers all i got to do is install windows and then go online and install the drivers off the websites for the newest drivers right?
  3. daman said:
    Hi thx that help some there is no newer vids that you know of? also when installing all the drivers all i got to do is install windows and then go online and install the drivers off the websites for the newest drivers right?


    Even though the parts may be old, it will not change how to put them together or the parts needed for a build.

    Yes, downloading all the newest drivers for chipset, sound, video card and whatever else from the appropriate sites for the initial install is recommended, but a disc should come with each part including drivers.
  4. Step-by-Step Video


    I did find some newer videos. These are probably the best.


    YouTube 2009 Step-by-Step


    He really explains what each part is, what they do, he uses 250GB Hard Drive, 3.0GHz Core2Duo from Intel, etc. Much more modern similar parts to what you'll probably be using.


    Drivers


    Yup! All you do is make your computer, put all the parts together, connect everything, then put in your Windows 7 CD. Let it install, reboot, and get all your NEWEST drivers online. You can get your Graphics Drivers through ATI/NVIDIA, etc.


    You got the hang of it :)


    :D Glad I could help!
  5. Anonymous said:
    Step-by-Step Video


    I did find some newer videos. These are probably the best.


    YouTube 2009 Step-by-Step


    He really explains what each part is, what they do, he uses 250GB Hard Drive, 3.0GHz Core2Duo from Intel, etc. Much more modern similar parts to what you'll probably be using.


    Drivers


    Yup! All you do is make your computer, put all the parts together, connect everything, then put in your Windows 7 CD. Let it install, reboot, and get all your NEWEST drivers online. You can get your Graphics Drivers through ATI/NVIDIA, etc.


    You got the hang of it :)


    :D Glad I could help!


    Hey thx alot budy :)
  6. Anytime! Good luck daman!
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Computer Video Systems