8800 gt oc fan click

Sensei

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2010
Hello, my 8800 gt oc's fan is clicking ever since a couple days ago. Sometimes it won't click, but when it starts, it's insanity-inducing and just keeps going forever and ever until I turn the PC off and stay away from it over night it seems. I'd be beyond grateful if anyone could give me a little bit of info on replacing the fan, and with which fan because I haven't been able to find any info on that subject specific towards this card. -____-

Thanks in advance.

hosereh

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
get Arctic Cooling accelro Rev 2 for nvidia cards , it costs about 30 bucks and it cools way better then the stock cooling system , it takes time and patience but its fully worth it.

The Zalman VF900 is a much more compact cooler and is all copper if you want an alternative to the accelro. I never liked that passive cooler and it's fan attachment. Never use the compound that comes with these coolers since it is even worse than the stock compound that came with your card. Arctic Silver 5 is great for just about every thing. It will be hard to find a single slot cooler that is after market so go for a dual slot.

TRENDING THREADS