andrewcutter

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
hello
I would like to ask a question to the comunity.. This is regarding multi tasking. The one thing i have never seen in reviews is this. let us say that we have three setups...
860 with full 8gb ram, 930 with full 12 gigs of ram, 1090 T with 8 gigs of ram.
The applications open are say foobar,firefox, msn messenger, yahoo messenger, photoshop file loaded with a 4 K resolution texture and 3ds max rendering being done. Now when this much application are open which one will give best results..... if some one who has access to all three setups could post some results in this scenario i would appreciate it greatly as this is a common usage scenario for me. I am most interested to know how much the time to finish the render gets affected in this multitasking scenario when compared to a 3ds max being the only software open...

another question i wanted to ask is wether bulldozer will go into am3 or a new socket..

thanks in advance for all the help

ja

ksampanna

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Foobar, firefox, msn & yahoo messenger won't have much of an effect anyway; for such massive RAM configs, they are minuscle.
I don't know what are the system reqs for 3d-max or how much it consumes system resources. In reviews, the 1090T has shown strong performance in 3d max (atleast on Tom's), while the i7 processors trump everything else when it comes to photoshop.
So I think the 1090T with 8 GB RAM or i7 930 with 12 GB are more or less equal. The 1090T setup would be cheaper than the i7 one, so I think it is your best bet.