TheLastWang

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Whenever - No rush
BUDGET RANGE: $700-800 Before Rebates

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, Surfing the Web, Watching movies

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg, TigerDirect, anywhere that is legitimate and cheap

PARTS PREFERENCES: AMD CPU if it will get me more bang for the buck.
ATI GPU if it will get me more bang for the buck.
Legit brands only please.

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe if i need it. SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Crossfire down the line if I need it, but not right now.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1600x900 (I might get a better monitor down the line)

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I don't care what the case looks like, as long as its a good case for the buck. I plan on playing games like....battlefield bad company 2, starcraft 2, diablo 3, etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far I was thinking:
ATI HD5770
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor - Retail

Edit: Also, I'd like to note that I probably want to go with DDR3 ram if it's a good idea for gaming and longevity of my system.

Thanks everyone for your help!

Solution
Well I was just in the same boat as you. Unfortunately I got a good deal with a 5850 + PSU. They don't have that deal anymore it just went out of stock.

However you can still get every thing I got with a slightly worst case :p

If the below picture doesn't work. http://i45.tinypic.com/29nxl4p.jpg

29nxl4p.jpg

TheLastWang

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010
Cool whitefang, thanks for the fast response.
I noticed you put windows 7 64-bit on there but I already have it from MSDNAA
Also, the CPU is not a 955, but you did throw in a 5850.

Thanks blackjellognomes, do you think the AMD955 + 5770 is a good idea? Or is whitefangs, 945 + 5850 fit the bill better for gaming?

TheLastWang

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010
woahhh I was looking at another tinypic from you from another thread lol. Sorry!
Well Whitefang, I think your build looks spectacular then. I just want to have some people come in and take a look at it and see if they can offer something that might be better.

G

Hey TheLastWang! Let's see here. $700-$800 budget, no need for peripherals and an OS. AMD CPU, ATI GPU, and only trusted brands. This should be painless!

You mentioned Battlefield: Bad Company 2, StarCraft 2, Diablo 3, etc. The build I just conjured up blows the recommended specifications out of the water. Let's see what I got!

CD/DVD Burner - LG 22X CD/DVD Burner ($23)
Case - CoolerMaster Elite 335 ($50 ($10 Mail-In Rebate!))
CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945 @ 3.0GHz Quad-Core ($139)
Hard Drive - 500GB Seagate Barracuda ($55)
Memory - A-DATA 4GB DDR3 RAM @ 1333MHz ($97)
Motherboard - GIGABYTE GA-MA770T ($77 ($10 Mail-In Rebate!))
Power Supply - OCZ Quiet 700W ($65 ($20 Mail-In Rebate!))
Video Card - XFX ATI Radeon HD 5770 ($170) (LIFETIME WARRANTY)

Grand Total after Shipping + Taxes: $735.36, 695.36 after Mail-In Rebates!

I got you a Lifetime Warranty Video Card (Hard to find these days), all trusted name-brand products, and things that I personally used in my previous build.

Right now, you have a lot of room for improvement if you plan on spending an extra $100~. Only thing I would suggest would be upgrading to an ATI Radeon 5850. Don't worry though, the build you see above will run all of those games on high settings with no problem :)

Not too shabby if I say so myself. Anything else you might be interested in TheLastWang? Maybe give you quote on how much it would be to upgrade certain parts? Let me know!

TRENDING THREADS