Sign in with
Your question

Question about "Faser One Pure Blue" need an answer

Tags:
  • Water Cooling
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
December 4, 2012 6:42:21 PM

Hello ive just started with water cooling and ive read that i need to flush radiators when they are new with hot tap water and soap so i did since i could not find destilled water.

The question i need a anwer on is it says on the bottle "Do not mix wih other liquids i did not notice that until after i flushed so how bad would it be to have a Little tap water mixed with this cooling liquid? and what can happen? at the moment i am trying to dry out the rad as much as i can Before installing it.

Thanks for Reading and sry if i spelled anything wrong.

More about : question faser pure blue answer

a c 190 K Overclocking
December 4, 2012 6:48:30 PM

I'm short for time so check out this thread we're currently helping out in,
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/281092-11-watercool...
We don't advise feser coolants anyway but how can you not find distilled/demineralised/deionised water?
if you live so far from civilisation that nowhere sells it, distill it yourself :) 
I'll check back in the morning when I'm back from work but seriously do not assemble that loop without cleaning the parts properly,

Moto
m
l
a c 337 K Overclocking
December 4, 2012 6:50:22 PM

Feser One is one of the worst coolants out there in terms of it breaking down and collecting in blocks, etc.

You can mix distilled water with coolants to add volume or thin it out. I wouldn't ever use tap water to run in my loop as tap water contains a lot of mineral content that distilled has removed. A little residual tap water isn't going to hurt, but you definitely don't want to run large quantities of it.
m
l
Related resources
December 4, 2012 7:01:57 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
I'm short for time so check out this thread we're currently helping out in,
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/281092-11-watercool...
We don't advise feser coolants anyway but how can you not find distilled/demineralised/deionised water?
if you live so far from civilisation that nowhere sells it, distill it yourself :) 
I'll check back in the morning when I'm back from work but seriously do not assemble that loop without cleaning the parts properly,

Moto

Hi i dont live far from civilisation haha i just asked in all stores for it and no one has it. all i can find is car battery liquid "basiclly the same" they say but im not sure. and why dont you advise faser coolants? yeah i did Think of destilling it my self but not sure how good it would be :s im a perfomance freak thats why i Went with this liquid linus from ncix Tech tips used it in his latest "Ultimate Water Cooling buyers guide" :s wich one yould you advíse then that is none UV and blue?

Right read that and seems ill get some vinegar tomorrow and look some more if i can get some destilled water off the net and / or if battery fluid is the same as they said it is.
m
l
December 4, 2012 7:11:30 PM

rubix_1011 said:
Feser One is one of the worst coolants out there in terms of it breaking down and collecting in blocks, etc.

You can mix distilled water with coolants to add volume or thin it out. I wouldn't ever use tap water to run in my loop as tap water contains a lot of mineral content that distilled has removed. A little residual tap water isn't going to hurt, but you definitely don't want to run large quantities of it.

Hi okey good because its just a few drops or so. which cluid would you recomend then? i have a bottle of EK as well bought wrong as i didnt notice the UV sign on it as i want a none UV fluid just clear blue but how well would that do?
m
l
a c 337 K Overclocking
December 5, 2012 12:27:06 AM

I don't recommend coolants...only plain distilled water and some biocide and possibly a killcoil.

Sorry, I'm not going to put my stamp of approval on any coolant on the market over regular distilled water.
m
l
December 5, 2012 5:18:20 AM

rubix_1011 said:
I don't recommend coolants...only plain distilled water and some biocide and possibly a killcoil.

Sorry, I'm not going to put my stamp of approval on any coolant on the market over regular distilled water.

Hmm okey ill try to find that off the net then since none of the shops around sells distilled water around here they got car battery water they say i is the same thing but i dont know :s oh and btw what about adding colours to distilled water then? the only Swedish sho who slls any is Faser view i guess its the same as in the coolant ill try to find Another brand if you recomend useing dyes at all
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
December 5, 2012 5:55:21 AM

Ok, car battery water is fine, thats de-ionised water,
You can add dyes to water but again, we discourage the practice because dyes tend to break down over time and end up clogging your blocks,
your best option is coloured tubing, it will look better for longer and doesn't risk damaging anything
there is a worldwide sites guide on the forum for E-tailers so you can check out some suitable vendors, I don't have the bookmark on my phone though sorry, I'll link it later if no-one has already

Moto
m
l
December 5, 2012 6:11:12 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
Ok, car battery water is fine, thats de-ionised water,
You can add dyes to water but again, we discourage the practice because dyes tend to break down over time and end up clogging your blocks,
your best option is coloured tubing, it will look better for longer and doesn't risk damaging anything
there is a worldwide sites guide on the forum for E-tailers so you can check out some suitable vendors, I don't have the bookmark on my phone though sorry, I'll link it later if no-one has already

Moto

ah yeah i thought dyes would have same effect sadly my plan was cear tubes and blue liquid and i aleady bought Everything guess ill us what i bought for 2 months or so and then change in my head that idea clear tune and blue liquid looks the best bu yeah i dont wanna have it clogg up anything you Think it will be fine for 2 - 3 months til i get the Money to change? i know www.frozencpu.com shipps to sweden and aquatuning thats where i got Everything from sadly the shippment time and cost was a painfull experiance but i expected that haha

just so i dont buy wrong again next time are these good:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11441/ex-tub-705/Iand...

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11744/ex-liq-154/Iand...

it seems to be what rubix mentioned just wanna make sure that it works well and is there anything else that i would need?.
ill keep looking tho ^^
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
December 5, 2012 3:36:10 PM

Those links are fine,
and yes, they are the items rubix referred to :) 
let us know when you have it all and are ready to build, we'll cover some tips when you get there :) 
meantime read up on W/c and modding while you wait, you can learn a lot rorm looking at other peoples builds and logs, plus it'll kill time hehe
Moto
m
l
December 17, 2012 4:17:32 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
Those links are fine,
and yes, they are the items rubix referred to :) 
let us know when you have it all and are ready to build, we'll cover some tips when you get there :) 
meantime read up on W/c and modding while you wait, you can learn a lot rorm looking at other peoples builds and logs, plus it'll kill time hehe
Moto

Hello again

my package have arrived with all the thingies will prolly start to build it tomorrow.

what was the other tips you mentoned?

m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
December 17, 2012 4:32:20 PM

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/277130-11-read-firs... is the first stop if you haven't already been reading it,
You need to decide whats going where and how you are arranging things, like where is the radiator going, how many fans on it and how are they getting powered etc,
have a read, have a play and get back to us with any questions :) 
Moto
m
l
December 17, 2012 5:10:40 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/277130-11-read-firs... is the first stop if you haven't already been reading it,
You need to decide whats going where and how you are arranging things, like where is the radiator going, how many fans on it and how are they getting powered etc,
have a read, have a play and get back to us with any questions :) 
Moto

ive read the stickys on several forums when i was decidein i i was gonna try water cooling was a good point tho ill read them again to get m brain udated with it in case forgot something. im pretty sure i know how i will make it run had lts of time to read a littl more an play around just found one problem. . space when ordering the coils and that i got a bay res to since i didnt have enough space for pump res rad in bottom compartment with all the tubes i tink i got to big coz whe i bent it it slpped of the fitting a Little i dunno if i would leakb it was about 10% and i know it should just be finger tighton compression fittings but thats hard to know what it is since a weak don pull enough as a strong so finger tight can be very different but it will prolly work now. also 4x140 fans in pull read that is best at slow speeds 900 - 1300 rpm
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
December 17, 2012 5:28:26 PM

Cable ties will help hold tubing onto the fittings,
but you sound like your tubing is way too big for the fittings if it just slips off,
what size tubing and fittings did you get?
And are they compression? if so, then disregard the cabletie advice, that only stands for barb fittings
Moto
m
l
December 17, 2012 5:41:18 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
Cable ties will help hold tubing onto the fittings,
but you sound like your tubing is way too big for the fittings if it just slips off,
what size tubing and fittings did you get?
And are they compression? if so, then disregard the cabletie advice, that only stands for barb fittings
Moto

tube size 19/13mm same as the fittings it requires some force for it to slip off but when bending it that force happen they dont kink ive checked that but alot of force accur (Think thats th right Word) on the fittings and yes it is compression fittings

Fittings:
http://www.aquatuning.se/product_info.php/info/p5495_19...

Tubes:
http://www.aquatuning.se/product_info.php/language/en/i...
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
December 17, 2012 6:03:55 PM

You'll be fine there, its the right size tubing for the fittings,
just don't go tugging on the tubes :) 
If you tighten the barb part of the fitting into the block/res/rad, slip the collar part over the tubing and then the tubing onto the barb part, slide the collar down and tighten as tight as you feel is comfortable to squash the O-ring, do'nt over tighten, especially with acrylic reservoirs/blocks, if you crack it, you broke it
so, decide where the rads going, pushpull or just one set of fans, make sure you have clearance for everything and decide where the ports are going,
find the home for the reservoir, I usually say the bottom two optic drive slots are best for bay resses,
all thats left is mounting the block, I like to tube it up and tighten the fittings before mounting it on the Cpu personally
start at the pump and work through the loop, pump>block>rad>res or however you decide to make your order,
go through it in your head like this
Pump output to block input, block output to rad input etc, so you know the direction the coolant is going to be moving in
take your time and remember, this is fun :) 
Moto
m
l
December 17, 2012 6:13:56 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
You'll be fine there, its the right size tubing for the fittings,
just don't go tugging on the tubes :) 
If you tighten the barb part of the fitting into the block/res/rad, slip the collar part over the tubing and then the tubing onto the barb part, slide the collar down and tighten as tight as you feel is comfortable to squash the O-ring, do'nt over tighten, especially with acrylic reservoirs/blocks, if you crack it, you broke it
so, decide where the rads going, pushpull or just one set of fans, make sure you have clearance for everything and decide where the ports are going,
find the home for the reservoir, I usually say the bottom two optic drive slots are best for bay resses,
all thats left is mounting the block, I like to tube it up and tighten the fittings before mounting it on the Cpu personally
start at the pump and work through the loop, pump>block>rad>res or however you decide to make your order,
go through it in your head like this
Pump output to block input, block output to rad input etc, so you know the direction the coolant is going to be moving in
take your time and remember, this is fun :) 
Moto

hehe yea thats what i thought would be the right fittings. so far ive decided res, pump, Southbidge, cpu, vrm, seocond rad, gpu, and back to res. wouldgive the cleanest look and less tubeing used i know cpu should be first but I dont Think it matter much since southbridge dont get that hot might be wrong tho. and hehe yeah it is fun to plan it i just hope it works out as i plan hehe
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
December 17, 2012 6:26:47 PM

What pump have you got?
those chipset blocks are going to add some restriction there, I'd have advised against them if I'd known lol,
oh well, get it built and lets see how it performs, we can address performance issues once its running :) 
Moto
m
l
December 17, 2012 6:45:28 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
What pump have you got?
those chipset blocks are going to add some restriction there, I'd have advised against them if I'd known lol,
oh well, get it built and lets see how it performs, we can address performance issues once its running :) 
Moto

i got the Alphacool VPP655 ut also the swiftech mealstrom res not adding the gpu now waiting for amds new GPUs first so if needed i can add 1 or two MCP 35x pumps on the res so shouldnt be a problem i Went ahead and thought for the future since we areon the bridge for new hardware to be released both gpu and cpu
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
December 17, 2012 6:48:46 PM

If you add pumps they should be matched for head pressure and flowrates, problems will arise if they aren't :) 
I'll check back in the morning mate, off to work now, have fun :) 
Moto
m
l
December 19, 2012 6:40:22 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
If you add pumps they should be matched for head pressure and flowrates, problems will arise if they aren't :) 
I'll check back in the morning mate, off to work now, have fun :) 
Moto

well i tried to build it all up today well not long ago.. had a faulty cpu block it seems so gotta order a new had a huge leak 1L of that destilled water in few seconds dont know if that was the only thing leaking tho didnt check. one a month witouth my pc and i really start to miss it :s
m
l
a c 337 K Overclocking
December 19, 2012 6:45:08 PM

Faulty CPU block? What block? Can you provide pics or describe where the leak occurred?
m
l
December 20, 2012 2:59:48 AM

rubix_1011 said:
Faulty CPU block? What block? Can you provide pics or describe where the leak occurred?

Phobya UC2 LT and i can take pics but no idea how to upload them to here :s but it seems to be either from below the lid or at outgoing port the lid did came off when my cat knocked it off the table nd i thought i fixed it with super glue :s
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
December 20, 2012 4:55:34 AM

Photobucket or imageshack both work well on here, upload to the site, copy paste the img link into your posts here
and for future reference, superglue fails hard when wet :) 
Moto
m
l
December 20, 2012 4:59:48 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
Photobucket or imageshack both work well on here, upload to the site, copy paste the img link into your posts here
and for future reference, superglue fails hard when wet :) 
Moto

oky ill look into those. . . yeah noticed that ill go grab the pics and see if i manage to upload them.
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
December 20, 2012 5:05:37 AM

No probs man, if you can rescue the block, I advise maybe an epoxy resin glue :) 
Moto
m
l
December 20, 2012 5:32:02 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
No probs man, if you can rescue the block, I advise maybe an epoxy resin glue :) 
Moto

Haha i sure hope i can allready spent 800 Pounds on it all . . cant rly buy anything new for at least a month.. well heres the pics i hope and Think it will work

Dont know if you can see it but a tiny bit of the threads got loose on the out port (closest port on the picture) tink i tightend it to mutch..also you can see that the top lid is loose and slightly higher on the top edge.
http://s1340.beta.photobucket.com/user/Pappo666/media/2...

i hope this helped and worked never used any of these sites before

m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
December 20, 2012 5:40:19 AM

Totally at your own risk of course but...
try pushing the 'lid' back down, does it move? I would get that back to flush and epoxy all the way around the edge then work epoxy into the threads on the barb/fitting before screwing it into place (don't forget the O-rings BEFORE you put glue on them)
they should seal alright although they aren't ever coming off again :p 
and obviously a stringent leaktest will be required, personally I'd not risk my beloved Rig and just get a new block.
Moto
m
l
December 20, 2012 5:50:06 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
Totally at your own risk of course but...
try pushing the 'lid' back down, does it move? I would get that back to flush and epoxy all the way around the edge then work epoxy into the threads on the barb/fitting before screwing it into place (don't forget the O-rings BEFORE you put glue on them)
they should seal alright although they aren't ever coming off again :p 
and obviously a stringent leaktest will be required, personally I'd not risk my beloved Rig and just get a new block.
Moto

Yeah that do sound very risky indeed and i thought that would be the best option as i wont get a refund as this sounded to them that it was me who broke it :s thankfully this block aint the most expansive one but then again after i bought it i noticed many do have problems with it and the flow rate is one of the worst that was something i did not look into before buying it was just comparing tempature scales or whats it called in english :s so might as well check and get anotherone swiftechs latest apogee seems better tbh but ill think about what to do going away on friday so out of a pc wont bother "That" much ^^
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
December 20, 2012 2:07:47 PM

Ok man, we're here if you need, have a good weekend/christmas man :) 
Moto
m
l
December 21, 2012 2:27:38 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
Moto

yeah hehe Thanks for all your help and with the new block ive ordered it should all be working just fine (i hope) if not ill let you know hehe ^^ have a great christmas you to :) 
m
l
January 4, 2013 6:40:10 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
Moto

i prolly shouldnt do this to jinx it. . but i got the new block today and i assembled it and so far no leaks been running for 30 min i am gonna leak test over night tho but so far its working!

i will prolly post pics here tomorrow with how it looks when i gt all the leds plugged in (if no leaks happen during night)

and might be to soon but i want to thankyou ALOT for your patiance to help me and you been very kind and understanding in your postsin wich most ppl arent mostly just post dont do that but not what to do instead wich is to no help but yeah you helped alot same goes for rubix =D

its hard to wait tho i wanna plug it in and play NOW but i know i shoudnt : /
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
January 4, 2013 7:20:45 PM

No problem man, we try to encourage a learning attitude here so its always nice to be thanked in return,
And yes, we are different from a lot of Pc forums, let alone W/c ones :-)
Moto
m
l
January 4, 2013 8:43:40 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
No problem man, we try to encourage a learning attitude here so its always nice to be thanked in return,
Moto

well thats good like i said not many have that attitude specially not over the internet so its really nice to come across for a change i started out asking about the same thing on a swedish site "sweclockers" only responce i got was "throw it in a river should keep it cold enough" wich then leading me to here wich ive gathered most of my knowledge about clocking and stuff sad tho that its like that since its alot easier to explane in your own languade and you sometimes can feel dumb if you dont explain so others understand. but i have wow to thank for my english :s

anyway Thanks again and ill be back tomorrow with pics if all goes well tonight
m
l
January 5, 2013 10:37:48 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
Moto

right no leaks Everything is working fine BUT this new case ive boughtonly has hot swap bays no regular and ive never got those to work and same now sometimes it finds one of my Three drivs and sometimes two in bios but never when i get into windows ive searched and found ´sata controller drivers on my motherboard site that didnt work. . i Went to right click "my pc" disk management and re scan didnt work and now im re installing windows but not even the installer could find any other then my boot disk wich is not connected to the hot swap bay. . any suggestions about that? or should i ask Another part of the forum? :s
m
l
a c 190 K Overclocking
January 5, 2013 4:11:19 PM

I'd try the motherboard or your windows versions drivers section maybe?
believe it or not I'm no geek when it comes to things like that lol,
I just build em and modify, once they get turned on I hit google for most problems I encounter :) 

Moto
m
l
January 6, 2013 8:34:46 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
I'd try the motherboard or your windows versions drivers section maybe?
believe it or not I'm no geek when it comes to things like that lol,
I just build em and modify, once they get turned on I hit google for most problems I encounter :) 

Moto

ahh hehe i ussually dont end up with problems but when i do i google to unless i can work around the problem on my own or ask someone ^^
Welli did finally got it it running. . seems i couldnt use same sata ports as i did before wich is strange but meh its working now. .
and yes i am unsatisfied about the way i had to route the tubes i wanted as little crossings as possible but cant expect to much since i used big tubes and it was my first time ^^

the way i routed was first pump to cpu to second rad to vrm to southbridge down to main rad back to res

heres the pics hope it works again hehe :) 

http://s1340.photobucket.com/albums/o736/Pappo666/
m
l
January 6, 2013 8:41:11 AM

i do find it funny tho that the stock 180mm fans that came with the TJ11 are noisy as hell and sound a bit off :s and the 1800rpm 140mm i bought for the main rad is so silent at 1200rpm that the pump is louder even tho the speccs said them to be at 35 - 38 db :s but yeah i wanted a cold and quiet rig so im happy. . idle temps are 17 wich i find strange since the temp of the water is 21 and load 25 - 30 on the cpu the MB is a little hotter tho strangely
m
l
!