Tags:
  • USB
  • Devices
  • Components
Last response: in Components
Anonymous
April 29, 2010 12:37:58 PM

Hello,
my usb ports arn't working any time i plug something in it says device not reconized how could i fix that

More about : usb ports arnt working

April 29, 2010 1:27:04 PM

Quote:
Hello,
my usb ports arn't working any time i plug something in it says device not reconized how could i fix that

Sound like a driver problem. Try re-installing the drivers for your motherboard chipset. If that does not work your USB controller may have gone bad. In that case you either have to get a new motherboard or a USB expansion card.
m
l
April 29, 2010 1:35:29 PM

Which operating system are using? Which USB does it happen for, front panel or the ones on the rear of the motherboard?

Sometimes it's as simple as turning off your computer and unplugging it from the outlet. Press the power button and wait another minute. Plug the computer back in and start it up. This seems to work quite a bit, though not for everyone.
m
l
Related resources
April 30, 2010 4:58:11 AM

Did you check out whether your usb ports are given any connection, if yes then you try it by restarting your system as it would sometimes don't work because of power fluctuations.
m
l
February 28, 2011 4:22:50 AM

I have the same problem. Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. I can only use one USB port at a time (mouse), and it hangs up when I try to plug anything else in, and will not recognize any USB drives. I purchased a PCI USB card, but it is apparently not compatible with 64-bit. :/  Any suggestions on a *cheap* USB expansion card, preferably with at least 4 ports?
m
l
!