LIGHT Overclock Help

Nyx3397

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
Hello Guys,

I am new to Overclocking and I need some help overclocking my new MB, CPU and RAM. Since I don't have any fancy colling system, just 3 fans, I dont want to overclock it too much, I want to keep my PC safe.

I have also noticed two strange things, first my CPU is auto-overclocking somehow :/... It starts with 1400MHz and goes to 4000MHz but my CPU is only supposed to run at 3100MHz... Other thing is that my RAM was running at 1333MHz and it's a 1600MHz memory, so I went to the BIOS and I saw that EVERYTHING was on [Auto]. Then I changed my DRAM Frequency to 1600MHz and got a message saying that the BIOS would manage the Voltage and Timings to get the Frequency I want, so I left it like that. But my PC JUST froze 2 times in a row. It didn't restart neighter anything, just the screen froze, so I went back to 1333 MHz -.-

I would like to know how far can my RAM go without risking my PC.

Here are my specs:

Motherboard: ASUS M5A88-M
CPU: AMD Bulldozer FX-8120
RAM: 2 x 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz

http://valid.canardpc.com/2604537

Thanks guys,
Nicholas

jtenorj

Distinguished
I don't think your ram speed will make much difference for the vast majority of programs. More important is that your cpu will run at 4ghz. If your computer is doing that ok with ram at 1333 and locking up when set to 1600, just leave it at 1333.

Nyx3397

Honorable
Dec 4, 2012
The thing is, this IS A 1600MHz, if you tell me to dont OC it I can understand but Im running LOWER that the NORMAL frequency... I don't know why it's freezing. I didn't adjust any timings or voltage BTW, I just left it on [Auto].