Logitech mouse sensitivity always changes

thewalrusking

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2003
I have a Logitech G5 for about a year now and I am running windows 7. Recently like 1 month ago I reinstalled 7 due to malware attack. Since the new reinstall occasionally, and thats the weird part, my mouse sens will go from normal to superspeed. Sometimes its when I open a program, other times its when I boot up the pc, other times its hard to say when it starts. Its safe to say it cant be explained when it will occur.

I have monitored the Logitech software and windows Mouse, both sens settings are always on same setting. The logitech software is also set to follow the OS, and there is no acceleration on. I have the most current Logitech build as I got it fresh when I reinstalled off their site. I dont remember it doing this on the previous install of 7 so I am confused. Is there a bug that I need to fix?? Also I know its not the sens settings on the mouse, its always in same position.

chriscornell

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
I have exactly the same problem - I also own a G5 and use it on a Windows7 64-bit system.

It is a problem in Setpoint, and Logitech are just too lazy to fix it.

The easiest way to get rid of the superspeed mousepointer, is to tap the sensitivity-buttons on your mouse: one down, and then one up again - the mouse will then be at stockspeed (atleast that works on my system).

Sutaki

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2010
Well I found a permanent fix to this problem, all you have to do is go into SetPoint, Game Settings, then disable

"Apply Game Settings when a game is detected."

Problem solved! Good luck.