Sign in with
Your question

Esata connections?

Last response: in Motherboards
October 3, 2010 2:32:50 PM

I just got a cm storm scout case and it has a front pannel e sata, the cable it came with that connects to the esata f_panel to the motherboard is just a sata cable. So can I just plug that into one of my sataII connctors on my motherboard or does it have to plug into an esata header? My mobo doesn't have an esata header and I've never actually seen an esata header on a board to see the difference between an esata header and a sataII header.

More about : esata connections

October 5, 2010 9:47:31 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Technologies to section Motherboards & Memory by Buwish
m
l
a b V Motherboard
October 6, 2010 7:17:44 PM

It's the same header, and yeah you can just plug the esata end into your motherboard's sata port. That's what i did on my Cruiser x).
m
l
Related resources
October 6, 2010 7:22:18 PM

buwish said:
This topic has been moved from the section Technologies to section Motherboards & Memory by Buwish

thanks for helping me out ;) 
m
l
October 6, 2010 7:23:39 PM

Gekko Shadow said:
It's the same header, and yeah you can just plug the esata end into your motherboard's sata port. That's what i did on my Cruiser x).

did the same but i wouldn't know if it worked because i don't have an esata drive so thanks :) 
m
l
a b V Motherboard
October 6, 2010 7:47:44 PM

lol, same here xD, i just connected it for "in the future if i get one" c=
m
l
October 6, 2010 7:58:29 PM

yeah it just came with the case and i got a REALLY good deal, so heck why not :D 
m
l
a b V Motherboard
October 6, 2010 8:02:50 PM

lol - that's the way to go! >=D sweet deals, are the best deals xD
m
l
!