Sign in with
Your question

I need help with order of the parts of should for my i7 930 build

Last response: in Systems
February 21, 2010 11:23:52 PM

just started my gaming build by buying the motherboard first the asus rampage gene 2 and now i am having second thoughts because if it fails then i wont be able to take it back to get a better board(15 day return policy) so if i take it back and use that $236 to get the smaller parts first(ram,hard drive,case,etc..)then get the motherboard and processor last so i can have more time to take it back if it doesnt get the job done or fails completely.. some parts advice would be great too $1000 max budget

More about : order parts 930 build

a b V Motherboard
February 21, 2010 11:43:55 PM

To save some time for people asking what it is you actually need, resolution of monitor, what parts you have already, if any, please repost using this format.
Related resources
February 22, 2010 12:34:08 AM

what resolution are you playing at? (what size monitor) and I am assuming you are gaming with this system? what do you need? all parts? or do you have some stuff already (like monitor/keyboard/mouse/operating system)

i7 930.............................$250 or so
1366 motherboard.......~$200
ram.................................$150
case...............................$100
Power Supply.................$100 for upper tier
DVD drive........................$30
Videocard.......................$100

for $1000 you get the above with tax and shipping...the videocard would suck at $100...but you could upgrade later to a better videocard. For $100 you could get a Nvidia 9800GTX on sale and use it for 6 months...then upgrade to a fermi or a 5870 then for $400.
February 22, 2010 12:47:04 AM

The only thing I have right now is the motherboard which is asus rampage gene 2 I read some reviews and most of them are saying they have had boot problems and the north&south bridge heat up to 65c(I'm assuming that's too hot)so I don't wanna take chances if I can't take it back
!