Sign in with
Your question

I need help with order of the parts of should for my i7 930 build

Last response: in Systems
February 21, 2010 11:23:52 PM

just started my gaming build by buying the motherboard first the asus rampage gene 2 and now i am having second thoughts because if it fails then i wont be able to take it back to get a better board(15 day return policy) so if i take it back and use that $236 to get the smaller parts first(ram,hard drive,case,etc..)then get the motherboard and processor last so i can have more time to take it back if it doesnt get the job done or fails completely.. some parts advice would be great too $1000 max budget

More about : order parts 930 build

a b V Motherboard
February 21, 2010 11:43:55 PM

To save some time for people asking what it is you actually need, resolution of monitor, what parts you have already, if any, please repost using this format.
m
l
Related resources
February 22, 2010 12:34:08 AM

what resolution are you playing at? (what size monitor) and I am assuming you are gaming with this system? what do you need? all parts? or do you have some stuff already (like monitor/keyboard/mouse/operating system)

i7 930.............................$250 or so
1366 motherboard.......~$200
ram.................................$150
case...............................$100
Power Supply.................$100 for upper tier
DVD drive........................$30
Videocard.......................$100

for $1000 you get the above with tax and shipping...the videocard would suck at $100...but you could upgrade later to a better videocard. For $100 you could get a Nvidia 9800GTX on sale and use it for 6 months...then upgrade to a fermi or a 5870 then for $400.
m
l
February 22, 2010 12:47:04 AM

The only thing I have right now is the motherboard which is asus rampage gene 2 I read some reviews and most of them are saying they have had boot problems and the north&south bridge heat up to 65c(I'm assuming that's too hot)so I don't wanna take chances if I can't take it back
m
l
!